PDA

View Full Version : Vikings offered 2 firsts for Brady Quinn

Vikingsdefense7
10-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Word is the Vikings offered the Browns their 2009 and 2010 first-round draft picks for quarterback Brady Quinn, but Cleveland, after consideration, said no thanks. Economically, the deal makes sense for the Vikings in that Quinn, who is under contract for three more years after this season, already has been paid his signing bonus. And the Vikings wouldn't have to spend on the draft picks. With the trading deadline recently passed, the deal could be resurrected after the season. If the Browns won't relent on Quinn, they might deal QB Derek Anderson to Minnesota.

crazy

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/74591?eref=sircrc

Clevefan23
10-22-2008, 08:12 PM
At least the vikings realize they have a problem at the quaterback position.

Paul_msr
10-22-2008, 09:14 PM
The Vikings have been denying that they offered that much. In reality I think they might give up one of those two picks for Anderson thou. His days are clearly numbered in Cleveland.

LCAKG679
10-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Agreed. I would think you would have to trade Quinn for a number one, defintely for two number one picks at this point. The way that Anderson is playing, Quinn not getting in means he is either the future of the team and they are trying to value for DA, or Quinn is a bust and you would want to sell high. This team has too many holes in it's roster to pay the salaries and bonuses for another year and not get an extra first rounder who could be the impact player that puts the team over the top.

IndiansFan337
11-02-2008, 03:18 AM
The Vikings have been denying that they offered that much. In reality I think they might give up one of those two picks for Anderson thou. His days are clearly numbered in Cleveland.

I doubt that they did. This is just a report created to negatively impact the Browns.

No team would offer 2 1st rounders for an unproven player. Hardly any team would offer two 1st rounders for anyone.