PDA

View Full Version : And now what with sergio?

SAVAGE CLAW
10-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Has improved a LOT his D

Has improved his shooting percentage

Has improved his Assist to turn over ratio

He is been doing BETTER numbers than Bayless.

If Mcmillan still uses him as third option and for rubissh time would you finally recognise he is a racist?

The way he has been playing he should be the STARTER since he has more UPSIDE than Blake anyway.

patriotsfan50
10-14-2008, 11:25 PM
ok first off your an idiot. how can mcmillan be racist. his team is black AND white. if u think hes racist against sergio because hes a spaniard. uhh that doesnt really work cause he loves rudy fernandez who is also a spaniard. it may be that mcmillan doesnt like sergio as a player (which i doubt) but hes not racist.

brevinknight
10-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Dude savage claw you just sounded like a complete moron. Nate isnt a racist by any means, if you have seen any interviews he is one of the most polite men you will ever see. And if you remember Sergio just started doing good and wasnt consistent at all last year where blake was. we havent even seen steve this off season.

Ansy
10-15-2008, 01:06 AM
He played really, really badly last year. So badly that he looked like he didn't belong in the NBA -- and that's why McMillan didn't play him. Period. If the improvement we've seen in the preseason keeps up then he'll see more playing time. McMillan is not a racist. Calling him one for not playing Sergio much last year is just absurd.

Tblaze
10-15-2008, 08:01 AM
He played really, really badly last year. So badly that he looked like he didn't belong in the NBA -- and that's why McMillan didn't play him. Period. If the improvement we've seen in the preseason keeps up then he'll see more playing time. McMillan is not a racist. Calling him one for not playing Sergio much last year is just absurd.

Indeed, I must say i've been pretty impressed by his play as of late. Just another logjam created with blake/bayless/rodriguez :/

I like the spanish connection though.

GrkGawdofWalkz
10-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Trade him to San Antonio. We need a back up PG who can actually provide stable minutes. With Fernandez, Blake, Bayless, and Roy, he's expendable. Trade him here. :D:D

kanersen
10-15-2008, 02:45 PM
nate is a classy dude
to call him a racist is ludicrous

the reason sergio didn't play is cause if you don't play nate's way, you don't play period

that said, you all should really trade him to toronto for a 2nd rounder, its the best thing for his career and it's not like he's a peice of your future

A.Mopp
10-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Has improved a LOT his D

If Mcmillan still uses him as third option and for rubissh time would you finally recognise he is a racist?

The way he has been playing he should be the STARTER since he has more UPSIDE than Blake anyway.

You need to quit calling Nate a racist. That is a stupid comment to make. Nate is going to put the players on the court that give the Blazers teh best chance to win. Sergio was not part of that last year but maybe he will this year.

Also his and Bayless numbers have been very comparable. Both have been playing at a high level.

And no, Sergio should not start over Blake. Why would you bench your veteran leader for the team? That would be a terrible move. You need a vet out there, especially when we start Roy, LA, and Oden.

jnb58
10-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Has improved a LOT his D

I'm not going to call you stupid. I want to know why you think he is a racist. What does he do that makes you think/say that?

Dawson8
10-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Has improved a LOT his D

He has been playing better..........than again it is the pre-season. I know that might be hard for you to understand. I would agree with you at this point he (surgio) is playing better than Bayless. So, he should be the BACK UP pg, if the play continues. Blake hasn't played yet due to an injury. Yes, Surgio is playing better than Bayless, but he hasn't shown me anything that he is better than what Blake was last year.
However, you will note that I was the one predicting that Fernandez will somehow start on this team. I might look to be right........but if I am wrong, it will have nothing to do with Race. Nate is going to play the best team..........again......"the best team". Do you understand that? Sometimes the best individual talent is not best for the team. There are a lot of little things that he has not been doing for the team to win. For example, Defend the pick and roll well. You are not going to find that on a stat sheet. I am not sure of the upside that you talk about? Regardless, you seem very ignorant (not stupid) to basketball in general. Your comments on here about race being a factor are purely due to the lack of knowledge of the game.

Sports Illustrator
10-17-2008, 01:03 AM
No more talks about racist. If I catch anyone else talking about racism here in this thread, you will be led to consequences. Talking about racism in a sports forum can get to be a really heated conversation and that is the last thing we want here on this forum.