PDA

View Full Version : Sheets done?

Cub_StuckinSTL
09-29-2008, 12:41 AM
I've been looking all over for something in writing but ESPN was talking about how Sheets said he is completely done for the year due to an elbow injury.

No sheets is a huge shake up to your rotation in the post season especially with Yogo not fully stretched out yet.

jiggin
09-29-2008, 12:43 AM
word on the wire is that CC could go in game two, on short rest again. that's huge IMO. Are they really going to push this guy up and to the breaking point? That would be 4 starts in a row on short rest with 1 of them being a complete game.

Can anyone confirm what I am hearing about this?

Cub_StuckinSTL
09-29-2008, 12:55 AM
This is the article I last night pretty much saying Sheets was done for the year but they have changed it since I read it.

JSOnline (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=800052)

Yeah it was on the ESPN ticker but I couldn't hear at the bar while I was watching the bears game. If he is done what do you want to see?

Game 1 Yogo
Game 2 CC
Game 3 Suppan?

IMO you'd want to through Yogo first due to him not giving you a large amount of innings. There fore the BP is coming off a 3 day rest was to pitch for a day then with CC going game two they more than likely have to pitch at most 2 innings?

Cub_StuckinSTL
09-29-2008, 01:05 AM
G1 Bush
G2 CC
G3 YoGa (I'd rather pitch him at home than game 1, I'd think it would be more comfortable for the bullpen if Yoga struggles)
G4 Suppan or Bush
G5 CC

The only reason I said Gallardo in game one is because you know hes not going deep into games and you're BP will be fully rested then chances are to have a good rest in between pitching in game 1 and less in game 2 plus the travel time.

Dcup
09-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Game 1: Bush-Reason: Philadelphia seems to handle fastball pitchers much better than off speed guys. I think putting Bush into this situation helps the Brewers defense, by letting them get acclimated making plays right away. If he doesnt pitch well bring in McClung. The change from Bush to McClung will throw the timing of the Phillies hitters off.

Game 2: CC Reason: He clearly gives us the best chance to win every time he goes out to the bump. Almost a guaranteed win, this would be huge going back to Milwaukee. A win on the road in the playoffs is the key for us to win this series.

Game 3: Gallardo Reason: If we somehow pull out a win in the first game, this gives Gallardo to come out and pitch with no worries. If he comes out and pitches a gem then we are looking good. Pitching him at home boosts his confidence as well.

Brooke
09-29-2008, 11:45 AM
He is done, apparently now it is a broken arm

Poor Benny all these years on this team, they finally get in the playoffs and he can't pitch in the series :(

Cub_StuckinSTL
09-29-2008, 12:42 PM
He is done, apparently now it is a broken arm

Poor Benny all these years on this team, they finally get in the playoffs and he can't pitch in the series :(

Broken arm? Wtf? Sounds like hes just throwing around excuses

Bittersweet day: Right-hander Ben Sheets, the senior member of the team with eight years of experience, had tears streaming down his face during the post-game celebration. Because of a balky elbow that made Sheets leave his start Saturday after 2 1/3 innings, he probably won’t be on the active roster for the division series.

“I’m going to be a cheerleader for a while,” Sheets said. “I ain’t got no choice. It doesn’t look good (to pitch again this year) but you never know. I won’t stop trying.”

As for the Brewers finally breaking through, Sheets said, “You become a fan of an organization when you’re in it for eight years. People who don’t think you do are bogus.

“In the end, good times. It’s a lot better than celebrating 106-loss seasons.”

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=800200

Brew Crew
09-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Guys, no love for Seth Mclung? Unless you are all implying he's one of our atleast top 2 out of the pen he really deserves a chance. If anybody saw him in this last week, he has been an unbelievable supporter, and he has been awesome when he's come in. If Torres keeps blowing games, it's time for Mclung to come in. Otherwise he should start a game. If not, we can hope for Gallardo to go 4-5 innings, then bring in Mclung.

By the way...Look at this...

A total of 3,068,458 fans came through Miller Park this season, for an average of 37,882 fans per game. That's 89.3% of capacity at Miller Park and testimony to strong fan support.

What is notable is the fact that the Brewers passed the Boston Red Sox in attendance this year. The Red Sox drew a total of 3,048,250 fans this season, good for 10th place in attendance in Major League Baseball. The Brewers were ninth in the league in attendance.

Brooke
09-29-2008, 02:43 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing McClung in a closer role next season

OnWisconsin2007
09-29-2008, 03:10 PM
McClung should start. I think Gallardo is a game 1 starter, CC, Bush, McClung, and CC.

By the way Jiggin, could you please tell me about how we're overusing CC again? I forgot.

long ball
09-29-2008, 03:37 PM
I would think Gallardo in Game one backed by either McClung or CV.

Game two evidently will be CC.

Game three I would think Bush. Bush has been pretty solid. A little bit of a lay off between outings that's why he could go in game one and Gallardo could pitch game 3.

If needed

Game four it will be Suppan most likely.

Game five would be CC.

Newest Badger
09-29-2008, 05:30 PM
I totally agree with starting YoGo in game one, and backing him up with McClung...and obviously CC in game two...and I really wanna say Suppan in game 3 because this is what we signed him for, how he steps up in the playoffs...but with his horrible September and equally-as-bad pitching against the Phillies this year...maybe Bush is the safe bet.

gottaHaveHart
09-30-2008, 04:12 PM
sheets is done
The Brewers will not carry Ben Sheets on their roster for the NLDS against the Phillies.

Sheets' latest MRI reportedly confirmed that he has a muscle tear near his elbow. It'd seem to make him a long shot to contribute at all in October, but it's far better news than ligament damage would have been as he heads into free agency. With Sheets out, Mitch Stetter will claim a roster spot as a reliever. Sep. 30 - 3:56 pm et

http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=MLB&hl=250908