PDA

View Full Version : Romeo Crennell STILL has a job??

EdTheRevelator
09-22-2008, 03:44 PM
I know he just signed an extension and all but SOMEBODY has to pay for this abysmal start.

And yes, I want heads to roll just for the sake of doing so. But I've never thought Romeo was a great head coach.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-22-2008, 04:47 PM
i never thought he was great either, but the players and the other coaches on our team respect him too much.

damkrayzie
09-22-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm not a fan of Romeos either, but who do we get to take his place this late in the season? Romeo is to laid back for this team.

NickChrisless
09-22-2008, 10:11 PM
I'd be alright with an interim coach. I don't forsee us winning many games anyhow. Maybe the players respect him because it's okay to come out on Sunday looking like you just woke up.

It's embarrassing even for a fan to listen to the commentators just ridicule his decison-making. Madden/Michaels had a field day last week.

Who would you want next year?

Cowher? Marty S?

IndiansFan337
09-22-2008, 11:38 PM
He's going to get fired after this season. Interim coaches are not worth it. Just wait until the end of the season & use him as the scapegoat, even though numerous players should be the ones blamed for underachieving. Edwards & DA come to mind. We shouldn't have counted on Stallworth making an impact for more than 10 games. Everyone knows that's about all he can do, yet we believed he had finally shaken all of the injuries.

Hermie13
09-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Unless we go like 4-12 he should be back next year. The injuries have really hurt. Even guys that are back like Edwards are still feelign the effects of them. Anderson also isn't a starting NFL QB. He fooled the front office last year into thinking he was. We'll ride him for a few more games though, maybe even the rest of the year but Quinn will be in there eventually.

hrtbrokenbrowne
09-23-2008, 02:32 PM
I like Crennel too, he is an extremely likeable fellow. But Head Coaches and leaders sometimes have to perform there jobs in a manner that doesnt inspire as much love than fear. Fear that you can be cut and tossed onto the streets if you embarrass the team or give half hearted effort. Lights some fire on these guys... but Chud,Crennel and Tucker are more touchy feely guys.... its okay to have one or two of them on the coaching staff but not all of them.... I dont think we have the type of players, nor do I believe in general the average NFL team has the type of players that can achieve greatness with that type of leadership. We will see, but I agree it makes no sense to fire coaches mid season unless they stop showing up for work.

hrtbrokenbrowne
09-23-2008, 02:34 PM
I'd be alright with an interim coach. I don't forsee us winning many games anyhow. Maybe the players respect him because it's okay to come out on Sunday looking like you just woke up.

It's embarrassing even for a fan to listen to the commentators just ridicule his decison-making. Madden/Michaels had a field day last week.

Who would you want next year?

Cowher? Marty S?

Either or with a veteran defensive coordinator too! The only problem with Marty is he likes to bring his whole family on the payroll too.... SCR#$@W that!