PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Guys, but it Isn't Just the Offense.

Brew Crew
09-15-2008, 02:20 PM
The structure started to buckle during the last home stand. One side of it finally fell during this series against the Philadelphia Phillies when the offense couldn't find a way to stay in games or produce more than three runs per contest. But the collapse happened on the mound.

The Milwaukee Brewers at least had some decent pitching before they came to Philadelphia, but once they touched East Coast soil, everything folded and the hitters weren't the only ones to blame.

The Brewers' starters struggled to keep them in games, and with the exception of Dave Bush in the first game of the doubleheader Sunday, none of them gave the team a real chance to win. The four-game sweep ended with Jeff Suppan getting beat around early in the second game and the Brewers being embarrassed right out of the time zone, no longer the sole controllers of the National League wild card and having conceded the Central Division to the Chicago Cubs.

Take a look at the lines of the four starters against Philadelphia:

Ben Sheets: six innings, nine hits, five runs.

Manny Parra: 1⁄ innings, seven hits, five runs.

Dave Bush: six innings, five hits, three runs.

Jeff Suppan: 3/ innings, eight hits, six runs.

That totals 17 innings pitched and 29 hits and 19 runs allowed by the starting rotation. They went 0-3 with a 10.06 earned run average.

**** Suppan, Sheets, and Parra...They look like they're scared out there.

Brooke
09-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Sheets is a veteran he shouldnt be scared, Suppan has done this before there is no excuse for him. Parra well just flat out sucks now

Brew Crew
09-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Excuse me let me follow up on this...

"We got here with this rotation," said Yost. "Yeah, we've had a bad September but a lot of that hasn't been pitching. We've been struggling offensively.

You're a ******. If there was any indication of what is holding us down, look no further then 3 of the four starts of the Phillie's series. Maybe if the rotation and even the bullpen could give the rest of the guys something to work with it'd be different.

"I believe (CC) could (pitch on short rest). When you start doing things out of the ordinary late, when you don't have to, there are no guarantees. We just have to stand up as a team and win baseball games. Just play the games."

Are you a ****ing ****** Yost? Or what...When you don't have to? He obviously never payed attention to Bobby Cox in Atlanta when they rattled off constant playoff berths...I don't think he knows what's going on right now honestly.

How many times is Melvin, Antanassio, the rest of the orginization going to listen to this bullshiters favorite line before they realize he is all talk. Ridiculous.

Brooke
09-15-2008, 02:33 PM
this moron just doesnt get it. What is it gonna take for the FO to finally get rid of this guy??

APmvp28
09-15-2008, 02:54 PM
this moron just doesnt get it. What is it gonna take for the FO to finally get rid of this guy??

when we dont make the playoffs

If Yost is back next year, I think i might take a season off of baseball and start following like a LaCrosse team or something else instead.