PDA

View Full Version : Tina Fey as Sarah Palin

rhino17
09-14-2008, 05:26 PM
idk if this has been posted yet but i thought it was funny.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k4rOUpPmMaGmnZLz7m

she totally looks and sounds like Palin, its amazing

29$JerZ
09-14-2008, 05:28 PM
I agree

FlyersPhanatic9
09-14-2008, 05:28 PM
She was the only good part of SNL last night.
Shoulda gone to bed right after that...
WeekendUpdate wasnt even good, they should go back to "Really?" with Seth and Amy

PUGS1688
09-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Tina Fey is so hot! She played the part really good!!!

kyubi256
09-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Wow Tina Fey is amazing

ari1013
09-14-2008, 08:34 PM
I liked the "Tina Fey Glasses" part.

SLY WILLIAMS
09-14-2008, 09:46 PM
That was funny. Ironic that its Fey playing Palin since Fey was so pro Clinton and anti Obama not too long ago.

DenButsu
09-15-2008, 01:35 AM
Wow, that's spot on. I haven't lived in the states for so long, and snl pulls everything off youtube, so I've been out of that loop for over a decade. I don't really know who Tina Fey is. But her Palin imitation is a dead ringer, that's for sure.

ink
09-15-2008, 01:38 AM
Wow, that's spot on. I haven't lived in the states for so long, and snl pulls everything off youtube, so I've been out of that loop for over a decade. I don't really know who Tina Fey is. But her Palin imitation is a dead ringer, that's for sure.

NBC pulls them off youtube, but they're always available here (http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/) on their own site.

steelcityroller
09-15-2008, 01:50 AM

You havent missed anything.... SNL has sucked for probably the last decade in all honesty. Just watch there will probably be 2 political skits on SNL every weekend until the elections.

DenButsu
09-15-2008, 02:13 AM
You havent missed anything.... SNL has sucked for probably the last decade in all honesty. Just watch there will probably be 2 political skits on SNL every weekend until the elections.

Yeah, I've heard that it's been pretty crappy. I guess the main rap I've heard is that the Daily Show kind of stole a lot of their Weekend Update thunder, and then with other programs like the Chappelle Show and The Office and Arrested Development and whatnot coming out with really fresh, innovative (and just funnier) stuff, they've been pretty lame by comparison.

gcoll
09-15-2008, 02:30 AM
Yeah, I've heard that it's been pretty crappy. I guess the main rap I've heard is that the Daily Show kind of stole a lot of their Weekend Update thunder, and then with other programs like the Chappelle Show and The Office and Arrested Development and whatnot coming out with really fresh, innovative (and just funnier) stuff, they've been pretty lame by comparison.

SNL has sucked throughout most of it's existence.

Once in a while they have some funny stuff though, but there's been a dropoff since Will Ferrell left.

I mean they got ****ing Keenan from "Keenan and Kel" on the show now. What the **** is with that?

blenderboy5
09-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Yeah that's embarrassing. ****ing Keenan?

Tina Fey's basically the only good thing left on SNL, and that act was incredible. Hilarious too. ButI was convinced it was actually Palin.

steelcityroller
09-15-2008, 04:05 AM
SNL has sucked throughout most of it's existence.

Once in a while they have some funny stuff though, but there's been a dropoff since Will Ferrell left.

I mean they got ****ing Keenan from "Keenan and Kel" on the show now. What the **** is with that?

You know its bad when SNL is pulling people off of Nickelodeon kiddie shows. Whats funny was that Keenan Thompson wasnt even the "funny" one on that show LOL

I disagree with the part that SNL has sucked throughout most of it's existence. IMO up until mid-to-late 90s it was awesome. You had Chris Farley, David Spade, Dana Carvey, Mike Myers, Adam Sandler, Phil Hartmann, Tim Meadows, Kevin Nealon etc. there at one point and it was always hilarious. But like you said once Will Ferrell left the show turned into a toilet and is lucky to produce one funny skit per show anymore.

If you like these political skits then make sure and watch until election day because with everyone on the internet talking about it they will think "oh wow we found something funny" and thats all they will do for the next couple months.

steelcityroller
09-15-2008, 04:43 AM
They have a link to this clip on the front page of yahoo and the heading says

Big 'SNL' star returns

LMAO Tina Fey is a big 'SNL' star?

DenButsu
09-15-2008, 04:50 AM
SNL from about 75-80 was truly groundbreaking, cutting edge television. It was a pretty radical concept for its time, and they did some way out, experimental stuff that really pushed the boundaries and definitions of what TV humor was and should be That aspect pretty much dropped off in the 80s, but they still had a solid rotation of great comedians coming up through their ranks, and produced some great, lasting comedy.

NotVeryOriginal
09-15-2008, 05:03 AM

You not watch 30 Rock?

rhino17
09-15-2008, 08:44 AM

Tina Fey was prolly the last decent cast member of the show imo

DenButsu
09-15-2008, 09:01 AM
You not watch 30 Rock?

Never even heard of it. It's been a long time since I've lived in the States, so I miss a lot.

ari1013
09-15-2008, 09:20 AM
That was funny. Ironic that its Fey playing Palin since Fey was so pro Clinton and anti Obama not too long ago.
You realize it's a spoof, right? This had nothing to do with their real political ideologies.

Wrigleyboy25
09-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Her voice was perfect.

MvpMets00
09-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Dead on.

SLY WILLIAMS
09-15-2008, 11:26 AM
You realize it's a spoof, right? This had nothing to do with their real political ideologies.

Of course its a spoof, lol. It is SNL but I just found it ironic that the other lady plays Clinton and Fey plays Palin since Fey was such an ardent Hillary supporter. :)

ari1013
09-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Of course its a spoof, lol. It is SNL but I just found it ironic that the other lady plays Clinton and Fey plays Palin since Fey was such an ardent Hillary supporter. :)
kk

KingJamsI
09-15-2008, 02:04 PM
idk if this has been posted yet but i thought it was funny.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k4rOUpPmMaGmnZLz7m

she totally looks and sounds like Palin, its amazing

I cant think of the last political impersonation on this show that was so perfect. Traditionally the players who had the looks, diddn't have the voice/cadence and those who sounded correct diddn't quite pull off the look (Frank Calliendo as bush for example). Tina Fey is perfect on both.

ink
09-15-2008, 02:15 PM
I cant think of the last political impersonation on this show that was so perfect. Traditionally the players who had the looks, diddn't have the voice/cadence and those who sounded correct diddn't quite pull off the look (Frank Calliendo as bush for example). Tina Fey is perfect on both.

Who used to do George HW Bush? He was hilarious. But yeah, Tina Fey is letter perfect in looks and voice.

These are pretty good George W impersonations -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDE9U0j_gns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlzFohgYbnA&feature=related

:laugh:

SmthBluCitrus
09-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Who used to do George HW Bush? He was hilarious. But yeah, Tina Fey is letter perfect in looks and voice.

These are pretty good George W impersonations -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDE9U0j_gns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlzFohgYbnA&feature=related

:laugh:

Dana Carvey did GHWB

Kyle man
09-15-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm speechless :speechless:

ari1013
09-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Dana Carvey did GHWB
Yeah and HW actually loved it.

SmthBluCitrus
09-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah and HW actually loved it.

And why wouldn't he? It was hilarious!

"Wouldn't be prudent"

ari1013
09-15-2008, 02:54 PM
I liked how the "Not gonna do it" eventually became "nah-gah-dah" or some other gibberish like that.

dbroncos78087
09-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Yea Dana Carvey was a great Bush Sr. And the guy who did Al Gore was really good too.

yourwrong
09-15-2008, 03:01 PM
i thought that was her when i was watching her. wow, i really thought it was her.

SmthBluCitrus
09-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I liked how the "Not gonna do it" eventually became "nah-gah-dah" or some other gibberish like that.

:laugh2:

ari1013
09-15-2008, 03:04 PM
i thought that was her when i was watching her. wow, i really thought it was her.
Well one poster in here had mentioned during McCain's RNC speech that Palin next to McCain's wife looked like Tina Fey next to Amy Poehler.

I wonder if that skit's coming up next. Something like "McCain" hugging "Palin" and then "Cindy" getting jealous?

ink
09-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Before Tina Fey, this impersonator - LisaNova - was becoming a sensation doing Palin on youtube. Did you see her?

Here's her version of the ABC interviews (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfz6QGmuvp4).

:laugh2:

Devils05
09-16-2008, 12:14 AM
From CBSNews.com (http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/14/politics/fromtheroad/entry4448143.shtml)

According to her spokesperson Tracey Schmitt, the real Sarah Palin had a good laugh along with the press corps in the back of the plane and millions of Americans at home.

“She thought it was quite funny, particularly because she once dressed up as Tina Fey for Halloween,” Schmitt said.

SmthBluCitrus
09-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Funny stuff ink