PDA

View Full Version : The Sabathia PTBNL....

Hermie13
09-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I posted something similar in a few other spots but wanted some Brewer input. The deadline for the PTBNL in the CC deal is coming up soon (I believe after the minor league playoffs). Curious as to who you guys are hearing out in Milwaukee is likely to be the player and who is even on the list of potentials.

from what I've been able to gather and heard the list may include as many as 4 guys.....with Taylor Green, Michael Brantley, Jonathan Lucroy, and Lorenzo Cain being the 4 possibles. Other reports have said only 2 with Green and Cain....others only 2 with Green and Brantley.....

So what are you guys hearing and who do you think it'll be? (not who you 'want' it to be...as I'd guess you want the worst player to go)

CubsGirl
09-05-2008, 12:04 PM
There are two rules to a PTBNL transaction. The deal must close within a six-month time frame following the conclusion of the rest of the trade, and the player must change leagues.

You guys got CC in July, right? In that case, the deadline for the trade is December.

Brooke
09-05-2008, 12:14 PM
You guys got CC in July, right? In that case, the deadline for the trade is December.

Yep right before the All-Star Break

Hermie13
09-05-2008, 01:02 PM
True, the rule is 6 months......but I heard end of the season was the deadline.....maybe that's just the Tribe's own deadline, but think you'll see the deal done soon. Unless one of the players is planning on playing in the AFL and the Tribe wants to see them play there before they decide. Are any of these 4 being sent to the AFL? (Arizona Fall League....in case someone thinks I'm talking about the Arena Football League)

brewersfan729
09-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I'm guessing it's Green and Cain is not on the list.

Hermie13
09-05-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm guessing it's Green and Cain is not on the list.

Are you basing this on something you read or gut feeling? I'd have agreed with this a while ago but the fact that Green hasn't played any 2B (which was the rumor originally, that cleveland was waiting to see if he could play there)....and Cain's name has come up a few times both in local papers and from National Sports writers (though a lot of the time I think those guys are just full of crap).....makes me pretty unsure.

brewersfan729
09-05-2008, 03:28 PM
His agent has said that Cain is not on the list.

Hermie13
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
His agent has said that Cain is not on the list.

hmm....we'll see I guess. I'm not too trustworthy of what agents say though.....

McNam003
09-08-2008, 12:21 PM
I don't know how to do that quote thingy but this came up on Bernies Crew (blog) today....

Cleveland.com is reporting something completely new about the PTBNL in the CC Sabathia deal. If the Brewers make the postseason, the Indians will get to select who they want from the list of four prospects. If Milwaukee is not playing in October, however, the Crew gets to decide which prospect will be playing in the Indians' system next season. I hear Cleveland desperately wants Taylor Green, so I assume he's gone if Milwaukee makes the playoffs. It is not clear who is all on the table in the trade, however, so I'm not sure who Milwaukee would want to ship to Cleveland.

Hermie13
09-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Do you have a link for this McNam003? thanks for the info.....

Hermie13
09-08-2008, 02:54 PM
ha, thanks (not sure how i missed that article)

Hermie13
09-08-2008, 03:26 PM
ha, now I know why I missed that article....it's by Paul Hoynes....who's not the brightest crayon in the box. Page two (online version) says that Rob Bryson (who we got in the CC deal) missed the rest of the year with a shoulder injury....even though he came back and pitched at the end of the year and was available in the A-ball postseason.

ahh, gotta love well informed sportswriters........

mattz1212
09-08-2008, 04:56 PM
True, the rule is 6 months......but I heard end of the season was the deadline.....maybe that's just the Tribe's own deadline, but think you'll see the deal done soon. Unless one of the players is planning on playing in the AFL and the Tribe wants to see them play there before they decide. Are any of these 4 being sent to the AFL? (Arizona Fall League....in case someone thinks I'm talking about the Arena Football League)

Brewers have announced who they are sending to the AFL and for the moment none of those 4 have been included. Brantley was originally on the list but he had to pull out, some speculated that it was because he was going to be dealt but his agent said it was simply because of "personal matters" and has heard nothing of Brantley being included in a deal.

Hermie13
09-10-2008, 09:33 AM
Any update on Cain and Green's injuries? Thought Cain's was suppose to just a mild sprain/pull but not sure.