PDA

View Full Version : Channing Frye tradeable?

blazers=future
08-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Where do Blazers fans see Channing Frye at the moment?
Do you think he's tradeable with the addition of Ike Diogu?
Personally, I like Channing a lot as a back up to LMA...
Thoughts?

Tblaze
08-30-2008, 07:43 AM
His playing style is quite similar to LA's, therefor he's a perfect backup, however with Diogu on the roster too, if we put him as a piece of a bigger package we might get some real value for him..

29$JerZ
08-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Well Ike is more of a scoring Big with not that much defense. Frye is a serviceable player who basically gets you the same thing every night, plus he has a jump shot which helps spread the floor. I would keep Frye to back up LA. Diogu I think was only for insurance if Oden goes out again.

Hustla23
08-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Well Ike is more of a scoring Big with not that much defense. Frye is a serviceable player who basically gets you the same thing every night, plus he has a jump shot which helps spread the floor. I would keep Frye to back up LA. Diogu I think was only for insurance if Oden goes out again.

I agree.

Keep Frye unless you get a deal too good to pass up.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-30-2008, 09:50 PM
If i were Portland i would keep him for a while, until im Sure Oden is not going to Injury again.

A.Mopp
08-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Keep Frye unless you get a deal too good to pass up.

Frye is a great backup and good player on our second team. I would only trade him if a really good deal comes our way.

jnb58
08-30-2008, 11:53 PM
I hate trading players with his ability to be personable and fill 2 backup roles without complaining.

Being a Jack-of-all-trades backup is a huge commodity. He reminds me of how Brian Grant loved Portland and would do anything to make the team successful.

Diogu has the kind of upside that made Outlaw, O'neal and Randolph successful. Great projects if they can get time. He could be very good practicing against LA and Oden (O'neal, Randolph behind Sheed).

I'd like Frye most if we can get him to sign cheap.

Nets fan 93
08-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Sean Williams for Channing Frye?

A.Mopp
08-31-2008, 08:13 PM
^Probably not

Tom Stone
09-01-2008, 09:03 AM
When he played for trhe knicks...and was 3ed among rookie voteing.....he was comparied to a young Tim D....and he still young.....If I was in charge, I wouldn't think about trading him......Like u said, unless something amazeing gets offered.

Ansy
09-01-2008, 07:16 PM
I think he's a perfect backup for the team, but he could start on so many NBA teams that I'm worried he'll bolt when his contract is up. Last season his "per 36 minutes" numbers were 14ppg and 9.5rpg, shooting 48% from the field. Looking into advanced statistics, when he is in the game he grabs 15% of the total rebounds available (for either team)!

That's a lot of talent to keep as a backup. If he turns down a starting job because he wants to stay in Portland, then we would be downright foolish to let him go, but you can't predict where a player's head is at. Paul Allen is usually willing to pay guys, so he can probably get a fair market value salary here, but usually young guys want to build their legacy rather than play backup for a contender.

mrblisterdundee
09-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Frye can play power forward and center. He is a definite keeper, being like LaMarcus Aldridge in the versatility of his playing style.

blackjack_119
09-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Frye is going into his contract year. That being said, my goal would be to lock him up to an Outlaw type contract 3yrs/$12M. If Frye is convinced that he can start on another team and is interested in pursuing a starting role, then I would trade him to accommodate those wishes. Frye is everything that we would want in a backup PF. Young, talented, eloquent, team-first... unfortunately those players generally go on to be productive starters in the league. If Frye is comfortable in his role for the next few years, then lock him up to a reasonable contract.

jetsfan28
09-03-2008, 02:52 PM
I hope they trade him for Zach Randolph :(

A.Mopp
09-03-2008, 03:41 PM
I hope they trade him for Zach Randolph :(

:laugh: no