PDA

View Full Version : Where does Martell Webster stand?

mrblisterdundee
08-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Martell can be rather inconsistent, scoring three points in one game, then later dropping 24 points in one quarter. Except for ball handling, he would be best suited for shooting guard. With Roy, though, small forward is his place. He doesn't have the distribution ability to play guard, and the Bayless/Fernandez projects lock him out of that conversation.
Still, he has the ability to score. As a small forward, he is getting quicker, and learning to slash and get to the free throw line more often. Consistency is still his biggest issue, but he is still very young, and coming straight out of high school.
If he puts out the effort, I think he can still compete for the starting small forward position. With consistency, he'll be a star.
What do you think about his future with the Blazers?

Raptors27
08-28-2008, 04:06 PM
With the developpment of Nic Batum coming up, I think Webster could be dealt for a veteran. As he would be the odd man out with Outlaw and Batum. Webster is a small SF. That just my opinion tho, no doubt Webster is talented but rather inconsistent.

Hustla23
08-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Well all the positions are solid. The team doesn't really have a particular need.... so I say just trade him for 1st rounder and expiring.

mrblisterdundee
08-28-2008, 11:50 PM
With the developpment of Nic Batum coming up, I think Webster could be dealt for a veteran. As he would be the odd man out with Outlaw and Batum. Webster is a small SF. That just my opinion tho, no doubt Webster is talented but rather inconsistent.

Nick Batum is a serious project who won't be ready to contribute at the NBA level for a few years at least. Webster might be inconsistent, but he's been improving all his stats every season. If consistency is all he lacks, that's something he can learn. I think the Blazers are interested in keeping somebody who can drop 24 points in one quarter. That must be why they're offering up Travis Outlaw to get another point guard.

A.Mopp
08-28-2008, 11:52 PM
If he can step up and be the consistent 3 point threat he has a big future here. But he needs to be more consistent.

blazers=future
08-29-2008, 08:50 PM
the blazers aren't stacked with three point threats so i think he is definately a required player especially with Oden coming back... Webster will be able to help spread the floor

Point Blank
08-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Webster should be fine.

phils07
08-30-2008, 04:06 PM
webster should get 25 minutes. he could really do well as a scorer/3 point shooter in this lineup. with oden and aldridge kicking it out. or roy/bayless driving to the rim then kicking. webster can also drive, but his 3 point shooting is like JR smith's, lights out.

any asset that isnt bayless, roy, aldridge, or oden could be traded considering the blazers are 5 deep at every position. it all depends on how webster progresses this year.

Tblaze
08-31-2008, 07:46 AM
we lost jones, so we should atleast keep webster... we need our 3pt shooting

A.Mopp
08-31-2008, 01:17 PM
we lost jones, so we should atleast keep webster... we need our 3pt shooting

I agree. If we lose Webster we have no consistent threat from outside. But we need him to me more consistent and have a breakout season.