PDA

View Full Version : Darius Signs with a team

jnb58
08-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Hoopsworld reports Darius signed with the Celtics. Terms were not disclosed.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?hd=20080822&lc=NBA#STORY_11471

I used to just dislike this guy. Now I can't stand him.

Hustla23
08-22-2008, 03:02 PM
lol irrelevant signing for the Celtics. They're going to have to do better than that.

Every other powerhouse team has bulked up, especially in the Eastern Conference. If they don't make a noticeable move, they'll be in for one hell of a ride.

znick21
08-22-2008, 03:23 PM
dicks. i still don't see him being able to play in ten games this year.

Beno7500
08-22-2008, 04:29 PM
He wont help boston at all

jnb58
08-22-2008, 04:55 PM
It's the ten games beyond the suspension I am worried about. Next year there will still be cap room but not nearly as much.

I wonder what the interest is? I don't see why the C's would want to screw the Blazers as much as another Western Confrence team.

mrblisterdundee
08-22-2008, 05:03 PM
First Darius screws Portland as a Blazer with his injuries and off-court antics. Now he is screwing Portland from afar with a pathetic comeback attempt, bum knee and all. We Blazer maniacs should pool our funds and get some Irish Guido up in Boston to take care of this problem once and for all with a baseball bat.

A.Mopp
08-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Its a non- guaranteed contract, i am not that worried. No player that has a had an injury to be determined career ending by a league doctor has never returned to play.

And i don't see this as Boston or Darius trying to screw us. Boston is trying to keep up in the East and Darius just want to tell the strippers at the club he is an NBA player. Darius hates to play basketball but he misses the lifestyle. I don't see this as a big deal.

Tblaze
08-22-2008, 08:41 PM
I doubt they'll sign him to a guaranteed contract...

blazerman
08-23-2008, 12:02 AM
First Darius screws Portland as a Blazer with his injuries and off-court antics. Now he is screwing Portland from afar with a pathetic comeback attempt, bum knee and all. We Blazer maniacs should pool our funds and get some Irish Guido up in Boston to take care of this problem once and for all with a baseball bat.

I AM GONNA SEND TONYA HARDING A COURTSIDE TICKET(REAL CLOSE TO THE CELTICS BENCH)TO ONE OF BOSTONS FIRST TEN GAMES.ITS BEEN AWHILE SINCE IVE SEEN A GOOD KNEE SLAPPER!

IndiansFan337
08-23-2008, 02:30 AM
I am shocked to see him sign this. I know he has to sit out 10 games for failing the league's substance abuse test. But if he somehow suits up for 10 games the Blazers re going to be livid that they owe him $18 million for nothing.

ARMIN12NBA
08-23-2008, 08:52 PM
As of now the Blazers will have ton of cap space for the summer of 2009 (not 2010 as they will have to renew the contracts of Roy and Aldridge), but if Miles plays in 10 games then the Blazers will lose all that abundant amount of cap space for 2009.

Hustla23
08-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Wait. Hold up. If Darius' contract becomes guaranteed, it counts against the cap of the Blazers? What kind of crap is that?

ARMIN12NBA
08-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Wait. Hold up. If Darius' contract becomes guaranteed, it counts against the cap of the Blazers? What kind of crap is that?

His contract could be guaranteed without hurting the Blazers cap, but if he plays in 10 games then the Blazers would have to pay his former contract and it will count against their cap space.

A.Mopp
08-23-2008, 11:56 PM

yeah if he plays in 10 games he goes back on the cap. I think 10 games is way to low. It should be 25 games, 1/4 of a season.

what bothers me of he plays 1 sec in 10 games for a grand total of 10 seconds we have to suffer again.

jnb58
08-24-2008, 12:53 AM
yeah if he plays in 10 games he goes back on the cap. I think 10 games is way to low. It should be 25 games, 1/4 of a season.

What bothers me of he plays 1 sec in 10 games for a grand total of 10 seconds we have to suffer again.

I think the rule is 30 seconds to technically get a "game played" or the statistic known as a "minute".

I am looking for the rule.

ARMIN12NBA
08-24-2008, 01:26 AM

what bothers me of he plays 1 sec in 10 games for a grand total of 10 seconds we have to suffer again.

I think it's very possible the Celtics are doing this on purpose to hurt the Blazers. If the Blazers get cap space next year then they would probably go after Kobe Bryant.

Hoopsworld:

"Obviously if Kobe Bryant seriously decides to explore the market, the offseason would take a more serious tone. Many of the available free agents are near or over the 30 mark and don't necessarily match with the time tables of the teams able to spend. The Blazers would be the exception - a team possibly on the cusp looking to add that one special veteran to put them over the top. "

They won't have cap space to spend in 2010 to get Lebron James because they will have to sign Roy and Aldridge so they will HAVE to spend it in 2009. They would probably want Bryant because they need a SF and veteran experience. Bryant could definitely provide both. This is a bad situation for you guys because if Miles plays then you guys won't have the chance to become extremely dominant and immediate contenders. If he doesn't play then you guys have the chance of a lifetime.

jnb58
08-24-2008, 03:26 AM
I think it's very possible the Celtics are doing this on purpose to hurt the Blazers. If the Blazers get cap space next year then they would probably go after Kobe Bryant.

Hoopsworld:

"Obviously if Kobe Bryant seriously decides to explore the market, the offseason would take a more serious tone. Many of the available free agents are near or over the 30 mark and don't necessarily match with the time tables of the teams able to spend. The Blazers would be the exception - a team possibly on the cusp looking to add that one special veteran to put them over the top. "

They won't have cap space to spend in 2010 to get Lebron James because they will have to sign Roy and Aldridge so they will HAVE to spend it in 2009. They would probably want Bryant because they need a SF and veteran experience. Bryant could definitely provide both. This is a bad situation for you guys because if Miles plays then you guys won't have the chance to become extremely dominant and immediate contenders. If he doesn't play then you guys have the chance of a lifetime.

If it keeps Kobe off the team, I am OK with it.

Hustla23
08-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Wow. That is a very b!tch move by the Celtics. You'd think they didn't care about teams that aren't even their same division, wait no, same CONFERENCE.

Really gay.

I'm hoping having cap in '09 doesn't mean trying to sign Kobe Bryant to a max contract :confused:

That would be a terrible move. The guy's already 30 and not part of the future for the Blazers.

You guys still have plenty of time. Trade for a young stud SF instead.

Someone like Iguodala, Gerald Wallace, or Josh Smith.

You guys definitely have the pieces to do something like that.

A deal like Webster/Outlaw + Frye + 2009 1st rounder + 2011 1st rounder would get it done.

A.Mopp
08-24-2008, 04:32 PM
someone like Danny Granger at SF?

A.Mopp
08-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I think the rule is 30 seconds to technically get a "game played" or the statistic known as a "minute".

I am looking for the rule.

you see my point. it takes basically no time for miles to screw us. the good news the contract that he signed was non-guaranteed.

Sports Illustrator
08-25-2008, 11:06 AM
The Celtics have been looking for a replacement for James Posey. They might have found that player in Darius Miles. By waiving Miles, the Blazers took the remaining two years and $18 million on his contract off their salary cap. But if he plays in 10 games in either of the next two seasons, his salary would go back on Portland's books. So the Blazers have to be quietly hoping that Miles never plays another NBA game.

From Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/08/24/any_mileage_left/)

A.Mopp
08-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Of course the Blazers hope he fails. I hope he fails. That bum does not deserve to be in the league. He has no work ethic or desire to play other then the game check.

Hustla23
08-25-2008, 11:45 PM
Honestly, it's disgusting. He's already getting payed. Just stay away.

_Sn1P3r_
08-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Haha wow. Funny how things work out.

kanersen
08-26-2008, 08:34 PM
wow
darius miles comes back from the grave to screw portland over

kinda sucks for you guys
i thought a nice free agent vet would really help speed up the learning curve for all your players

so how much would you guys have left in cap room
15 mill turns into 6?
which really is nothing i guess cause that matches the midlevel exemption, which all teams have access to

it was really a perfect storm opportunity to add a max quality type of player to your already talented core, god knows your owner can afford it

i guess you guys will just have to settle for roy-oden-aldridge-fernandez :D

ShaunRiching9
08-26-2008, 11:58 PM
lol Boston

Raptors27
08-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Wow, maybe he won't play more than 10 games and you guys will be safe tho.

A.Mopp
08-28-2008, 11:59 PM
No player that had an injury deemed career ending has ever come back. I hope that streak continues.

kanersen
08-29-2008, 11:30 PM
honestly, i wouldn't be too suprised if Ainge pulled the trigger on this to get back at portland for the horrible, horrible sebastian telfair for brandon roy trade

jnb58
08-30-2008, 05:55 AM
I thought it was Minnesota Foye for Roy.

kanersen
08-30-2008, 03:46 PM
well it was
but portland obtained the draft pick (foye pick) by trading telfair to boston for it (major rip)

then they traded foye and cash i think? to minesota for roy (slightly less major rip)

so in essence, portland traded telfair for roy

i imagine celtic buddy's ainge and mchale aren't too happy being on the wrong end of the stick in those trades

jnb58
08-30-2008, 04:26 PM
I see what you meant now. I couldn't put it together.

jnb58
09-17-2008, 11:50 AM
I am not one who enjoys seeing injured athletes (I dislike Brady but hate that he got injured) but I am hoping that Darius is not NBA ready.

This article talks about his chances with Boston and the outlook is not good.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/09/14/no_end_in_sight/

Tblaze
09-18-2008, 07:05 AM
oops

Tblaze
09-18-2008, 07:06 AM
he should've just left the nba, instead of screwing our cap over, oh and if he wants to be a james posey, he should first learn to SHOOT

A.Mopp
09-18-2008, 07:41 PM
If we wants to be Posey he needs to learn to be a team player and a leader. He will never be any of those two