PDA

View Full Version : Derek Anderson leaves game with head injury

NYMetros
08-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Derek Anderson left Monday night's preseason game with a possible concussion.

Anderson was visibly shaken walking off the field after getting drilled by the swarming Giants defensive line at the start of the second quarter. At first it appeared Anderson may have injured his shoulder, so this is good news. Brady Quinn came on in relief

Rotoworld

Kcfanbaby212*
08-18-2008, 10:01 PM
its a concussion, im not sure why he was sitll playing, he wasnt going to make the impossible happen b4 halftime.

Jayg1712
08-18-2008, 10:03 PM
It really didn't look that bad. I doubt its anything major although sometimes it is worse than it looks.

reb422
08-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Quinn looked good

EdTheRevelator
08-19-2008, 12:22 AM
This is why we held on to both D.A. and Quinn.

Stonevision
08-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Let the Brady Quinn era begin!!!

NYMetros
08-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah, Brady Quinn did look pretty good last night. If I was the Browns I would give him a chance this season instead of just handing the job over to Derek Anderson.

TheRedMarauder
08-19-2008, 11:33 AM
The Cleveland Plain Dealer has confirmed that Derek Anderson suffered a concussion in Monday night's preseason game, and a possible hand injury.

Anderson walked off in a daze and did not return after Osi Umenyiora fell on him following a sack. His head also hit the turf. D.A. will likely go for more testing and may miss Cleveland's third exhibition, but it would be a surprise if this threatens his status for Week 1. He's got 19 days to shake it off.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
08-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Coach Romeo Crennel indicated in his post-game presser Monday night that he's more worried about Derek Anderson's concussion than his hand injury.

"When he got sacked he hit his hand and he might have bruised it," Crennel said. "It might have hurt for a second. I think the head injury is the one of most concern. We'll see how he is tomorrow." Anderson doesn't seem likely to play in the Browns' third preseason game Saturday at Detroit.

rotoworld

NickChrisless
08-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Here it is... if Quinn can play with the starters in the next exhibition game, and he lights it up. I want Quinn in. Everyone knows Cleveland is more behind Quinn, and he even looks more like a QB.

He knows the offense now, has the swag, and has a much larger skill set. It's time ... and I feel bad cheering for a guy to get a concussion, but that's essentially what it has come to.

IndiansFan337
08-19-2008, 03:09 PM
This is terrible news for this team.

The worst thing that could happen to the Browns if for this to create a QB controversy. It would ruin this entire season.

TheRedMarauder
08-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Browns QB Derek Anderson was officially diagnosed with a "mild" concussion.

There is no official word on how much time Anderson will miss. But a Cleveland source says the concussion is not severe and Anderson should be ready for the season opener at the very least.

rotoworld

reb422
08-20-2008, 02:19 AM
I dont think the Browns just "handed over" the starting QB spot to DA... I'm pretty sure he more than earned it. I really wish the Browns would have either never signed DA or never drafted Brady Quinn. And dont get me wrong I love both QBs, but the sad truth is neither one of them are ever going to have the fair shake that they deserve. If this team would have gone from Frye to DA and he had the year he did last year and we didnt have Quinn... we would have constructed statues for Anderson. He would have a poster as big as LeBron's hanging from a building in downtown Cleveland. But no, we look at the grass being greener in Brady Quinn. And mutually if we didnt have Anderson... then we all would have been praising Quinn as the next hero in Cleveland. But now if we ever do get rid of DA and move on to Quinn, then he's going to have to walk right in with a giant monkey on his back and big shoes to fill. I think we need to get over this picking and choosing which QB we want to see on the field more and just cheer on the guy that's in the starting spot.

IndiansFan337
08-20-2008, 01:25 PM
The Browns are calling Derek Anderson's concussion "mild."
It's uncertain how much time Anderson will miss, but the team will be cautious since Anderson suffered a concussion at Oregon State. He should be ready well before Week 1, so it's not a huge concern. Brady Quinn gets his chance to impress with the first team in Cleveland's next preseason game.
Rotoworld.com

bigalow80
08-20-2008, 07:42 PM
my BQ prediction for his next game: 8-15, 1 TD, 1 INT, 165yds...he looked good not great against the giants.

slightly off topic, i hope steptoe makes this team-he has looked good this preseason and someone needs to get the browns receiving corp/TE's some stickum so they can learn how to catch a pass. i counted 5 dropped passes on monday

TheRedMarauder
08-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Derek Anderson (concussion) will miss the Browns' third exhibition game.

Brady Quinn will make the start without Braylon Edwards, Jamal Lewis, and Josh Cribbs. Anderson should be back by Week 1, but a big game from Quinn without those guys could shorten D.A.'s early-season leash.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
08-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Browns coach Romeo Crennel shot down rumors that Derek Anderson has a separated shoulder in addition to his concussion and bruised hand.

They could've been created by the maniacal Brady Quinn fanbase. "I know nothing about a shoulder," Crennel said. "I said a hand because he fell on his hand as well as his head. He just got a bruise; he put a Band-Aid on it."

rotoworld

chuckstertam
08-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Here it is... if Quinn can play with the starters in the next exhibition game, and he lights it up. I want Quinn in. Everyone knows Cleveland is more behind Quinn, and he even looks more like a QB.

He knows the offense now, has the swag, and has a much larger skill set. It's time ... and I feel bad cheering for a guy to get a concussion, but that's essentially what it has come to. Well said...after watching Anderson throw against the Giants,he's still the same as last year.I wish he'd learn to read the defense better.Quinn looked sharp,now if he can get the timing down with the 1's,I'd say...let him compete for the starting QB this year.I don't know why Phil and Crennel have Anderson locked in as the starter, they must know something us fans don't,but from watching DA and BQ last game,it's obvious Quinn is ready to take the team to the playoffs this year...

chuckstertam
08-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Derek Anderson left Monday night's preseason game with a possible concussion.

Anderson was visibly shaken walking off the field after getting drilled by the swarming Giants defensive line at the start of the second quarter. At first it appeared Anderson may have injured his shoulder, so this is good news. Brady Quinn came on in relief

Rotoworld Quinn knows this is it...I've got a feeling he'll play outstanding.

TheRedMarauder
08-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Derek Anderson (concussion) could play in Cleveland's final preseason game.

He needs to get cleared for practice next week, but the Browns may want to get him a series or two of work before the opener. He's at no risk of missing Week 1.

rotoworld

NYMetros
08-22-2008, 10:10 PM
From the sounds of it, this injury isn't as bad as it first looked. Still, this is Quinn's chance to make this QB race a lot closer. If Derek Anderson doesn't play, then Quinn better have a big game. If he doesn't have a good game then he's destined for another year looking on from the sideline.

Clevefan23
08-23-2008, 01:45 AM
there is no way that the browns wont START anderson in the first game against the cowboys. On the other hand if he plays like absolute trash then go ahead and put Quinn in but this is still andersons to lose not bradys to win.

IndiansFan337
08-23-2008, 02:32 AM
there is no way that the browns wont START anderson in the first game against the cowboys. On the other hand if he plays like absolute trash then go ahead and put Quinn in but this is still andersons to lose not bradys to win.

I hope to God that this injury doesn't cause a QB controversy in Cleveland.

If it does, we aren't going to win over 6 games.

Essex Ace
08-24-2008, 08:03 PM
That controversy is gonna come eventually, Quinn is the future not DA

Clevefan23
08-24-2008, 10:51 PM
everyone acts like derek anderson is an old vet hes only 25!!!!! Same age as jay cutler who i think is the future of the broncos so y cant Anderson be that for the browns Did Quinn look impressive to any1 in the last game? I sure wasnt.

IndiansFan337
08-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I think that both Quinn and Anderson can be successful when they have Edwards, Winslow & Stallworth as their main targets.

However, the Browns need to choose one & stick with him.

If a controversy results, it is going to be nothing but bad news for this squad.

Clevefan23
08-25-2008, 01:14 PM
There is no controversy at least in the organization. There is one with the fans and the media. They already told everyone that DA is going to be the starting QB

TheRedMarauder
08-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Derek Anderson (concussion) was not cleared to practice Monday and is out for Cleveland's exhibition finale.

"Those concussions, you've got to go slow with those," Romeo Crennel said. "They say rest is the best thing." Brady Quinn will make his second straight start, this week against the Bears, after Saturday's weak effort. Anderson has 13 days to get his head right before the real games start.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
08-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Browns QB Brady Quinn will probably start his second straight preseason game as Derek Anderson deals with a mild concussion.

Browns coach Romeo Crennel won't rule out Anderson for Thursday's game until after Tuesday's practice. Crennel may start preparing Quinn for the regular season opener but wants to wait until next week before making that decision.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
08-27-2008, 02:16 PM
There are "rumblings" that Derek Anderson (concussion) is experiencing sensitivity to light, according to Profootballtalk.com.

This is a common aftereffect of a concussion, but he'll sit out the Browns' last exhibition and is reportedly only able to practice indoors. Anderson isn't a lock to face Dallas in Week 1 and should be monitored closely next week.

rotoworld

Cleveland McG
08-27-2008, 02:49 PM

He knows the offense now, has the swag, and has a much larger skill set. It's time ... and I feel bad cheering for a guy to get a concussion, but that's essentially what it has come to.

"BQ even looks more like a QB"???

Huh? Please explain? DA is taller and has a better arm than BQ. BQ has never started a regular season game, yet you want to hand over the position to him based on a preseason game?! Are you F*n nuts?!

All of this man-love for BQ is becoming rather tiring. DA more than proved his woth last year. When was the last time Cleveland had a Pro-Bowl QB? Come on people. Use your heads....

Clevefan23
08-27-2008, 03:55 PM
agreed it was a stupid comment must be another Notre Dame fan. Not a CHANCE will he start in week1

IndiansFan337
08-29-2008, 09:02 AM
All of this man-love for BQ is becoming rather tiring. DA more than proved his woth last year. When was the last time Cleveland had a Pro-Bowl QB? Come on people. Use your heads....
I agree.

And to answer your question, I believe it was Kosar.

agreed it was a stupid comment must be another Notre Dame fan. Not a CHANCE will he start in week1
Only if DA couldn't play because of that concussion.

Heck, if DA is going to miss a game, that is probably the one he'd want to miss. That Dallas D is going to be coming hard for him.

TheRedMarauder
08-31-2008, 11:16 PM
According to the Canton Repository, neither Browns coach Romeo Crennel nor GM Phil Savage have been "eager to detail where Derek Anderson stands" in relation to his recovery from a concussion.

Savage played it coy, but when pressed said the expectation is that Anderson will play against the Cowboys in the opener. There are going to be rumblings until the team addresses the details, so be sure to monitor Anderson throughout the week.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
08-31-2008, 11:34 PM
Derek Anderson (concussion) is reportedly in no danger of missing the Browns' season opener.

The Browns can be shady about injuries, but D.A. should be out there versus Dallas. "Barring any unforeseen event, he is going to play," a source told ESPN. The Cowboys ranked 13th in pass defense last year, but project to be a much tougher matchup in 2008 with Pacman Jones at nickel back, LCB Terence Newman healthy, and S Roy Williams removed on passing downs.

rotoworld

IndiansFan337
09-02-2008, 10:12 AM
I saw that said he should play along with the other skill position players.

But that we may be lacking Pool & Cribbs.

Hopefully Dallas' physical D doesn't rough DA up too much. Otherwise the fans are going to turn on him fast. And that will result in ruining our season.