PDA

View Full Version : NL Central Watch

OnWisconsin2007
08-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Figured it would be a good idea to have a thread to discuss other NL Central happenings.

I believe that Milwaukee is the only team of the big 3 to play today. With CC on the mound, I hope that = adding 1/2 game to our WC lead.

CubbieSteve
08-19-2008, 12:05 AM
Going to be a fun race to the end fo sho. Can't wait for the six games between the Cubs and Brewers. Gonna be fun. Really though barring any miracles, it should be the Cubs and Brewers making the postseason. One will win the WC.

OnWisconsin2007
08-19-2008, 12:11 AM
I'm leaning pretty heavily toward the fact that you guys are going to win the division. I just want to win the WC, really really badly in fact.

CubbieSteve
08-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I'm leaning pretty heavily toward the fact that you guys are going to win the division. I just want to win the WC, really really badly in fact.

I really don't think it'll be much of a problem for the Brew Crew to hold off the Cardinals, imo.

OnWisconsin2007
08-19-2008, 12:28 AM
I just want them to quit overachieving. Go on a losing streak, or something. I'm not that concerned though, I think that we'll beat them out. Still 36 or so games, I'm not concerned that much. We'll win by 3-5 games I think.

CubbieSteve
08-19-2008, 12:51 AM
I just want them to quit overachieving. Go on a losing streak, or something. I'm not that concerned though, I think that we'll beat them out. Still 36 or so games, I'm not concerned that much. We'll win by 3-5 games I think.

I honestly thought they'd be battling it out with the Pirates in the cellar this year. I still haven't been able to come up with a good enough answer as to how they are doing it. I'm so glad the Cubs are in 1st, if they were sucking this season, I wouldn't hear the end of it down here. 2005 was brutal.

Brooke
08-19-2008, 07:53 AM
we have the advantage with a lot of home games left in September. We need to beat the teams we are supposed to beat: Astros, Pirates, etc

we only have two games left with the Cards... I am looking forward to Brewers/Cubs series though