PDA

View Full Version : How much do you hate Jeff Suppan?

OnWisconsin2007
08-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks for signing the 2nd biggest contract in Brewers history, you bum.

brewersfan729
08-17-2008, 06:07 PM
The options don't make sense. Your question is "How much do you hate Jeff Suppan?" If somebody asked you that you wouldn't say "yes", you would say "a lot" or something like that. Now if the question was "Do you hate Jeff Suppan?" "Yes" would be an appropriate response.

OnWisconsin2007
08-17-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm fully aware of what I wrote.

redwhitenblue
08-17-2008, 06:44 PM
I <3 Jeff Suppan

cubsfan2206
08-17-2008, 06:48 PM
I like Suppan

spazzmccrory
08-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Soup is a good 4 or 5. Great leader in the community, and in the club house. And he has a ring and a playoff MVP. What more do you want? 4 complete games and a no hitter. I'll be just fine with his 200 plus innings and .500 record

OnWisconsin2007
08-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Keep on complaining idiot. I suppose when CC has a terrible outing you are going to be hating on him too. Wait no that'll probably be Ned's fault CC was off.

The team has gone 4-1 since Suppan came of the DL. He is 3-1 4.11 ERA in that time period, with the no decision being a quality start. His loss was to Houston on the homestand where they forgot how to win at home. Without that loss his ERA is 2.48, all quality starts.

He is not the same type of pitcher thats going to win games single handedly like CC and Ben can. He requires run support and is no better than a .500 pitcher. The reason the Brewers signed him was because of his late season ability and experience in a pennant race. He has not underacheived what I thought he would do. His ERA has been right on with his career average. His career 126-120 record shows he is no more than a .500 pitcher.

Quit spewing out insults, and quit PM'ing me, it's creeping me out.

Brooke
08-17-2008, 08:23 PM
seriously calm down. No pitcher is going to have a great game every single time, it isnt possible. You complain about everything

BaRRySandAmaN
08-17-2008, 10:13 PM
This is the way I see it, come playoff time look at his stats. He has been off because of the First Inning but after that he normally buckles down and gives you 5 inning's. I dont hate Suppan at all everu pitcher has their bad games.

mattz1212
08-17-2008, 10:29 PM
I demand being able to choose multiple options with these new poll choices.

But seriously I don't hate Suppan, he hasn't been morbidly bad for a 5th starter. I'm not thrilled, but I can live with him.

This is the way I see it, come playoff time look at his stats. He has been off because of the First Inning but after that he normally buckles down and gives you 5 inning's. I dont hate Suppan at all everu pitcher has their bad games.

It's a pretty common thing for a pitcher like Suppan. He struggles early on trying to find his release point and misses the corners and he'll miss out over, once he finds it the game becomes relatively easier and he starts hitting the corners consistently and cruises. It's pretty obvious Suppan is the kind of pitcher that can't afford to miss out over the middle of the plate, he'll get hammer like there is no tommorow.

WI Sports Fan
08-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah, it's definitely Suppan's fault that he was offered more than he produces. He should've declined it and demanded less money because he's not worth that much.

Over half of Suppan's starts have been quality starts, and another handful have been decent starts that kept Milwaukee in the game. His problem is that usually when he's bad, he's awful. That inflates his ERA and makes it look like he's pitching worse than he really is.

Soup had won 3 straight games and pitched real well. He gets a no decision in a shaky, but acceptable, start, and now we should all hate him? Sorry, but I don't.

riotan89
08-17-2008, 11:59 PM
I just remember his horrible baserunning antics in the 2004 World Series for us, lol! He raised his value with us in 2006, not worth what the Brewers gave him, never was a fan of his, but good for him, maybe it will pay off for you guys this year!

OC Knights #11
08-18-2008, 01:41 PM
I am more pissed with Parra. Suppan wasn't signed to win 15 games, he was signed to be a leader and eat up innings. Which he has.

brewersfan729
08-18-2008, 02:09 PM
I am more pissed with Parra. Suppan wasn't signed to win 15 games, he was signed to be a leader and eat up innings. Which he has.

Umm why are you pissed off at Parra?

Suppan was signed to eat up innings yet he's been on the DL this year and his production vs price is terrible.

I hope Melvin can find somebody to trade him to in the offseason even if we get next to nothing back just to get his salary off the books.

jtrinaldi
08-18-2008, 04:55 PM
One Word To Describe You

Idiot

PackCrewBuckBad
08-19-2008, 07:25 AM
Keep on complaining idiot. I suppose when CC has a terrible outing you are going to be hating on him too. Wait no that'll probably be Ned's fault CC was off.

The team has gone 4-1 since Suppan came of the DL. He is 3-1 4.11 ERA in that time period, with the no decision being a quality start. His loss was to Houston on the homestand where they forgot how to win at home. Without that loss his ERA is 2.48, all quality starts.

He is not the same type of pitcher thats going to win games single handedly like CC and Ben can. He requires run support and is no better than a .500 pitcher. The reason the Brewers signed him was because of his late season ability and experience in a pennant race. He has not underacheived what I thought he would do. His ERA has been right on with his career average. His career 126-120 record shows he is no more than a .500 pitcher.

thank you, a smart man.

We didn't get Suppan to be a 20 game winner or a CY young canidate. We all know what we got him for and how he would perform...well at least I did, it is apparnt that you didn't.

PackCrewBuckBad
08-19-2008, 07:27 AM

what :speechless:
you are made with a young lefty who is ptiching well this year.

meandering
08-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah, it's definitely Suppan's fault that he was offered more than he produces. He should've declined it and demanded less money because he's not worth that much.

Over half of Suppan's starts have been quality starts, and another handful have been decent starts that kept Milwaukee in the game. His problem is that usually when he's bad, he's awful. That inflates his ERA and makes it look like he's pitching worse than he really is.

Soup had won 3 straight games and pitched real well. He gets a no decision in a shaky, but acceptable, start, and now we should all hate him? Sorry, but I don't.

Another point that goes unrecognized is the defense that plays behind him, which lends to the reasoning why he had success in St Louis. If ever a pitcher had a best friend....Suppan's would be the double play ball!

He would make a great 4 or 5 ultimately.......unfortunately, Gallardos' injury doesnt allow for this.

The bullpen plays a role in this but, that is another can of worms.

How anyone can be mad at Parra is beyond me On a sidenote, as someone who has been in prison.....if Fielder would have done that to me......he would have to grow eyes in the back of his head.

PackCrewBuckBad
08-19-2008, 03:03 PM
^ what did you go to prison for?

meandering
08-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Being a habitual dumbass......simply put.

I really blabbed that out in the heat of conversation.....wish i would have kept it to myself.

But in the end, for being a habitual dumbass. A lot of accumulated dumb stuff.....nothing involving womenor kids or life itself.

pwest6
08-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Hey ******, your from kimberly? I live in appleton:)

Anyway, to the Suppan question, I guess we get spoiled watching CC and Ben that when Sup pitches we get down on him because he's simply not as good. When we got him, he wasn't supposed to be our ace, but a solid pitcher who'll get us through games. But, imo, hes our weakest SP who is somewhat overpaid.

OC Knights #11
08-19-2008, 04:35 PM
what :speechless:
you are made with a young lefty who is ptiching well this year.

nothing personal. Its just whenever i watch him, it seems like he doesn't care. Not very passionate. And he has been struggling lately.

brewersfan729
08-19-2008, 05:16 PM
nothing personal. Its just whenever i watch him, it seems like he doesn't care. Not very passionate. And he has been struggling lately.

Why? Because he doesn't jump around and scream? Neither does Suppan. You should hate him too.

meandering
08-19-2008, 05:17 PM
as someone who has been in prison.....if Fielder would have done that to me......he would have to grow eyes in the back of his head.

not trying to be off topic. Fielder griping about his contract put me off. I am a huge Fielder fan, just sad he was interested in money signs at such an early part of his career.
I believe he was picking on Manny. Most certainly, I could name 5 other guys that may have came back at him. Sorry for the twist.

With Parra its pretty much the same way they have handled Gallardo. He is a young lefthanded stud with a lot of poise, talent, and upside. they are watching his innings, and the quality of work as well much in the same way they handled Yvonni........he has departed from about 5 games he could have easily won as well!

Parra will be alright. The push and slam to the face was ********.......I am still mad about that one. What would Prince have thought as he goes an extra 159 pounds....if Parra would have hit his head on something.....or somehow got hurt?

Suppan seems out of place because he is.....if Gallardo was here, he would be the number 3 starter. If Parra had more ip/experience inhis repoitoire (spelling is off today) than he would be the 3.

Suppan is a 4 or 5 guy on this particular staff.

OC Knights #11
08-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Why? Because he doesn't jump around and scream? Neither does Suppan. You should hate him too.

Ya but Suppan is playing better then Parra and that shouldn't be the case. Since earning his 9th win on July 20th, Parra hasn't been playing well. In his last 5 starts he is 0-5 with his era jumping from a respectable 3.68 to a 4.12. Yes, he hasn't had much run support but his numbers don't lie. He needs to step it up if he wants to be the number 3 starter. Suppan at least has been eating up innings and helping the brewers get wins. He is 3-1 in his last 5 starts.

brewersfan729
08-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Ya but Suppan is playing better then Parra and that shouldn't be the case. Since earning his 9th win on July 20th, Parra hasn't been playing well. In his last 5 starts he is 0-5 with his era jumping from a respectable 3.68 to a 4.12. Yes, he hasn't had much run support but his numbers don't lie. He needs to step it up if he wants to be the number 3 starter. Suppan at least has been eating up innings and helping the brewers get wins. He is 3-1 in his last 5 starts.

Parra has a 4.12 ERA this year. Suppan's is over 4.5. Who has been helping more?

Brooke
08-19-2008, 07:05 PM
when was the last time Parra had a win?? ( I know it has been awhile)

Suppan has been 4-1 in his last few starts

Hawkize31
08-19-2008, 07:07 PM
The problem with this poll is that the question asks for an amount of hatred, but the two answers are not quantitative. Maybe the poll should ask "DO you hate Jeff Suppan?" You can't answer a "how much" question with a yes.

meandering
08-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Parra had a streak of 5 or 6 games I watched myself, where either be it run support, errors, or our bullpen blowing up....he wasn't able to get his 10th win.
I hate to keep bringing it up....but the Arizona fiasdco comes to mind. Leading 5-1 as he left the game, only to lose.

I hardly doubt the expectations are higher for a kid like Parra over Suppan. Suppan would be a 4 or a 5 without the injuries, and the way our rotation goes.

brewersfan729
08-19-2008, 07:33 PM
when was the last time Parra had a win?? ( I know it has been awhile)

Suppan has been 4-1 in his last few starts

Why should five games trump nearly a whole season?

OnWisconsin2007
08-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Don't even bother. Its useless making a point to the thread starter.

You just need to take a chill pill, man. You're making this thing way too personal.

OC Knights #11
08-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Parra has a 4.12 ERA this year. Suppan's is over 4.5. Who has been helping more?

Suppan. Suppan is eating up innings. Parra is getting pushed around, only lasting 5 innings like today.

OC Knights #11
08-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Why should five games trump nearly a whole season?

The stretch is more important then april, june and july. So ya those five games were more important. Every game from here on out gets more important.

Brewersfan09
08-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Lmao at these cubs fans.

brewersfan729
08-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Suppan. Suppan is eating up innings. Parra is getting pushed around, only lasting 5 innings like today.

Parra this year: 5.7064 innings per start

Suppan this year: 5.9304 innings per start

So how is Suppan eating innings and Parra not?

The stretch is more important then april, june and july. So ya those five games were more important. Every game from here on out gets more important.

No, they're not. A win in April counts the same as a win in September. I hate it when people say stuff like this.