PDA

View Full Version : McCabe headed to Panthers?

Sbank
08-14-2008, 08:35 PM
McCabe headed to Panthers?
If Bryan McCabe has, in fact, played his last game as a Maple Leaf, don't expect him to be moved until next month. Sportsnet's Nick Kypreos reported yesterday that McCabe has agreed to waive his no-movement clause and could be headed to the Florida Panthers in a trade. Whatever the case, a source close to McCabe said last night the veteran defenceman would not change addresses for at least another couple of weeks. According to the source, the Panthers, Philadelphia Flyers, Boston Bruins, New York Islanders and New York Rangers are among the teams McCabe would consider, although the Rangers might be out "because they've already signed everybody." The Tampa Bay Lightning also has shown interest in McCabe, the source said.

Toronto Sun (http://torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/2008/08/14/6444766-sun.html)

fins08
08-14-2008, 09:27 PM
I read this in the Sun-sentienl. Who? I better go to the Leafs forum to find out.

GrkGawdofWalkz
09-24-2008, 10:57 AM
I read this in the Sun-sentienl. Who? I better go to the Leafs forum to find out.

McCabe will help out on the PP, that's his strength. You'll have a lot of more opportunities. I like the McCabe, Bouwmeester, Ballard, top three. I think with Boynton you have a good mix at the top four slots.