PDA

View Full Version : 'The Pledge of Allegiance' - by Senator John McCain

Wrigleyboy25
08-14-2008, 11:55 AM
The following story is true and taken from a speech that John McCain gave before the 1988 Republican National Convention.

'The Pledge of Allegiance' - by Senator John McCain

'As you may know, I spent five and one half years as a prisoner of war during the Vietnam War. In the early years of our imprisonment, the NVA kept us in solitary confinement or two or three to a cell. In 1971 the NVA moved us from these conditions of isolation into large rooms with as many as 30 to 40 men to a room.

This was, as you can imagine, a wonderful change and was a direct result of the efforts of millions of Americans on behalf of a few hundred POWs 10,000 miles from home.

One of the men who moved into my room was a young man named Mike Christian.

Mike came from a small town near Selma , Alabama . He didn't wear a pair of shoes until he was 13 years old. At 17, he enlisted in the US Navy. He later earned a commission by going to Officer Training School Then he became a Naval Flight Officer and was shot down and captured in 1967. Mike had a keen and deep appreciation of the opportunities this country and our military provide for people who want to work and want to succeed.

As part of the change in treatment, the Vietnamese allowed some prisoners to receive packages from home. In some of these packages were handkerchiefs, scarves and other items of clothing.

Mike got himself a bamboo needle. Over a period of a couple of months, he created an American flag and sewed on the inside of his shirt.

Every afternoon, before we had a bowl of soup, we would hang Mike's shirt on the wall of the cell and say the Pledge of Allegiance.

I know the Pledge of Allegiance may not seem the most important part of our day now, but I can assure you that in that stark cell it was indeed the most important and meaningful event.

One day the Vietnamese searched our cell, as they did periodically, and discovered Mike's shirt with the flag sewn inside, and removed it.

That evening they returned, opened the door of the cell, and for the benefit of all of us, beat Mike Christian severely for the next couple of hours. Then, they opened the door of the cell and threw him in. We cleaned him up as well as we could.

The cell in which we lived had a concrete slab in the middle on which we slept Four naked light bulbs hung in each corner of the room.

As I said, we tried to clean up Mike as well as we could. After the excitement died down, I looked in the corner of the room, and sitting there beneath that dim light bulb with a piece of red cloth, another shirt and his bamboo needle, was my friend, Mike Christian. He was sitting there with his eyes almost shut from the beating he had received, making another American flag. He was not making the flag because it made Mike Christian feel better. He was making that flag because he knew how important it was to us to be able to Pledge our allegiance to our flag and country.

So the next time you say the Pledge of Allegiance, you must never forget the sacrifice and courage that thousands of Americans have made to build our nation and promote freedom around the world. You must remember our duty, our honor, and our country.'

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/1391/barakqg2.jpg

Where's your hand Barack!?

Doc Fluty
08-14-2008, 12:03 PM
heres a video of that even... he doesn't raise his hand over the entire national anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU9iCANi02o

The Schmooze
08-14-2008, 12:08 PM
I've heard this before. Awesome story.

Whether or not you want this man as your president, no one can deny that this guy is a war hero.

Whats ironic is, while some will risk being beat or even death for the American flag or reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance, others burn the flag or spend their time trying to ban the Allegiance from schools.

yaowowrocket11
08-14-2008, 12:39 PM
I've heard this before. Awesome story.

Whether or not you want this man as your president, no one can deny that this guy is a war hero.

Whats ironic is, while some will risk being beat or even death for the American flag or reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance, others burn the flag or spend their time trying to ban the Allegiance from schools.

I agree 100%. As much as I dislike McCain and don't want him as our next President, his war stories are really inspiring. I bet, although, that some of those stories are the only reason why some people are voting for him, which is not a good reason.

nascar10294
08-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Wow, I never heard that story. Its amazing how some people really love our country.

The Schmooze
08-14-2008, 12:57 PM
I agree 100%. As much as I dislike McCain and don't want him as our next President, his war stories are really inspiring. I bet, although, that some of those stories are the only reason why some people are voting for him, which is not a good reason.

hell yeah. I'm not voting for McCain, but I respect the man and what he's done for this country.

you're right as well, unfortunately a ton of people in this country vote blindly for various questionable reasons

b1e9a8r5s
08-14-2008, 01:05 PM
I agree that this shouldn't be the sole reason for votinig for McCain, but I do think it tells you something about the man's character, which I think is important in selecting a president.

PHX-SOXFAN
08-14-2008, 01:20 PM
I agree that this shouldn't be the sole reason for votinig for McCain, but I do think it tells you something about the man's character, which I think is important in selecting a president.

I think it reflects more on Mike Christian's character, but he's not running.

b1e9a8r5s
08-14-2008, 01:26 PM
I think it reflects more on Mike Christian's character, but he's not running.

This article, yes. I was refering to McCains service and decision to refuse preferential treatment and stay as a POW with his fellow soilders. Would you like to dispute that?

Eastside Scott
08-14-2008, 01:36 PM
This article, yes. I was refering to McCains service and decision to refuse preferential treatment and stay as a POW with his fellow soilders. Would you like to dispute that?

Amen.

The guy was told that he could leave and he said "not without everyone else", so they tossed him back in. In a time when many politicians find it a hardship to fly commercial, or turn down loose tail, here is a guy who stayed in a grimy prison only because others would still be there. That is character, plain and simple. There is no amount of spin that can be put to that to make it seem negative in any way.

There are of course many other reasons to vote for McCain, I guess none are as compelling as "change" to some people. Again I say, electing a beaver President would be "change", how is Obama otherwise more qualified to be President?

yaowowrocket11
08-14-2008, 01:36 PM
McCain's character, heroism, and patriotism is what stands out the most for him. Although, those are important qualities when voting for a President, his ideas, policies, and direction of the country is more important, and I think that is what is hurting McCain.

Randy West
08-14-2008, 01:46 PM
At least cover your heart and lip sync the words Obama

Isn't it the least you can do for the men and women that have fought and died??

Even if you don't believe in what they were fighting and dying for at least respect the sacrifices.

The Schmooze
08-14-2008, 01:50 PM
the point is.........as long as you dont vote for McCain purely for his character

Doc Fluty
08-14-2008, 02:03 PM
At least cover your heart and lip sync the words Obama

Isn't it the least you can do for the men and women that have fought and died??

Even if you don't believe in what they were fighting and dying for at least respect the sacrifices.

yeah the video is interesting...

i mean the anthem is playing.. EVERYONE around you and in the crowd has their hands on the hearts...

why doesnt he think it pertains to him also?

theuuord
08-14-2008, 02:40 PM
The reason people have a problem with the Pledge is because it uses the word "God" in its nature, and since not everyone believes in such a diety (and we are not a religious nation) it is offensive to those who disagree respectfully with that notion.

I personally believe in God but I choose not to stand for the Pledge because the words themselves, while meaningful to me, do not are not inclusive of the views of the country.

And also, is the man's hand placement really that big of a deal? Honestly? He is clearly in respect of the flag. The man is running for President for chrissakes.

OnWisconsin2007
08-14-2008, 02:54 PM
It was a good story, ruined by WrigleyBoy's ridiculous picture and caption at the bottom.

Doc Fluty
08-14-2008, 03:10 PM
The reason people have a problem with the Pledge is because it uses the word "God" in its nature, and since not everyone believes in such a diety (and we are not a religious nation) it is offensive to those who disagree respectfully with that notion.

I personally believe in God but I choose not to stand for the Pledge because the words themselves, while meaningful to me, do not are not inclusive of the views of the country.

And also, is the man's hand placement really that big of a deal? Honestly? He is clearly in respect of the flag. The man is running for President for chrissakes.

oh boy...

you believe in god but wont stand up because it is not inclusive of the views of the country?

are you serious?

by far people in this country believe in a god.. whether christian or other most people DO believe in some god... so your whole single person protest is ridiculous

and his hand placement is important IF you take it in context with YOUR OPINION of the rev wright issues, his wifes "never been proud of my country before" remarks, his muslim upbringing (predominantly Muslim schooling), his talking down about America in berlin and to a 7 year old girl and other obama lies...

like when he claimed that the Kennedy administration paid for his Kenyan father to travel to America on a student scholarship and therefore was responsible for his “very existence”. However the first march on Selma took place on March 7, 1965. Obama would have been about three and half years old at that time. For some reason the media never did the math on this...

so when you take this and other things into CONTEXT.. then you can see why some people (like me) would rather trust a POW war hero over a street organizer

OnWisconsin2007
08-14-2008, 03:12 PM
How long are Republicans going to fear monger? Calling Obama Muslim is just trying to link him to terrorists, or people our government have convinced us are the mortal enemy of the USA.

Doc Fluty
08-14-2008, 03:26 PM
i didnt call him a muslim... i just stated that he went to a predominatly muslim school during his upbringing.. which he admits in his book... you would know if you read it

and i didnt say anything bad about it... i said the hand over the heart thing could be taken the wrong way if you put it in context (which a lot of voters will) with his upbringing and his wifes statements and his pastors and so on

The Schmooze
08-14-2008, 03:31 PM
How long are Republicans going to fear monger? Calling Obama Muslim is just trying to link him to terrorists, or people our government have convinced us are the mortal enemy of the USA.

I agree. I want to bang my head on the wall during the whole flag-pin nonsense....just one of the many examples. Even worse is that people believe this kind of garbage

OnWisconsin2007
08-14-2008, 03:37 PM
What's next, are Republicans going to blame Obama for high oil prices? Oh wait....:rolleyes:

PHX-SOXFAN
08-14-2008, 03:39 PM
I agree. I want to bang my head on the wall during the whole flag-pin nonsense....just one of the many examples. Even worse is that people believe this kind of garbage

careful you have one of those people who types out the hannity transcript verbatim when rattling off the obama fearmongering talking points.

has anyone heard how hannity does this? IT's like he's trying to brainwash his audience. Everytime a story comes up he reads off the entire list of lies and spin about 2-3 times in a row. How anyone can base their opinions on what this man says is beyond me.

arkanian215
08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
heres a video of that even... he doesn't raise his hand over the entire national anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU9iCANi02o

umm i dont think he can lift his arms that much anymore. he has physical limitations. i dont think he wants to reach the quota before he gets inaugurated(if he gets elected). haha i wanna see him hold up his arm for that long. jeez. i'd be tired.

The Schmooze
08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
careful you have one of those people who types out the hannity transcript verbatim when rattling off the obama fearmongering talking points.

has anyone heard how hannity does this? IT's like he's trying to brainwash his audience. Everytime a story comes up he reads off the entire list of lies and spin about 2-3 times in a row. How anyone can base their opinions on what this man says is beyond me.

Ive never watched Hannity in my life pal...or any of that garbage

An idiot can figure out that flag-pins and other nonsense distract people from the REAL issues...it doesnt matter if its Republican or Democrat. Its universal....and its BS

Randy West
08-14-2008, 03:45 PM
i didnt call him a muslim... i just stated that he went to a predominatly muslim school during his upbringing.. which he admits in his book... you would know if you read it

and i didnt say anything bad about it... i said the hand over the heart thing could be taken the wrong way if you put it in context (which a lot of voters will) with his upbringing and his wifes statements and his pastors and so on

Hey hey hey

you can't bring up Obama's book as a reference to the mans life

someone else helped him write it so those misspeaks and untruths were not his they were his co writers

Eastside Scott
08-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Hey hey hey

someone else helped him write it so those misspeaks and untruths were not his they were his co writers

I thought Charles Barkley was the only one who could be "misquoted" in his own auto-biography. Combined with "change" this distinction might be just enough to push me over to the Obama/Hope campaign.

blenderboy5
08-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Wow, I never heard that story. Its amazing how some people really love our country.

Don't you understand that the only way to truly love your country is to ***** about it, wish we were Europe, and say everything we do is wrong?

Anyway great story.

Doc Fluty
08-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Hey hey hey

i think your right!

i better watch out before i keep it up and just get labeled racist

PHX-SOXFAN
08-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Ive never watched Hannity in my life pal...or any of that garbage

An idiot can figure out that flag-pins and other nonsense distract people from the REAL issues...it doesnt matter if its Republican or Democrat. Its universal....and its BS

I wasn't referring to you or myself. I was referring to someone else typing in this forum who thinks the flagpin issue and one picture of the pledge or allegiance define a person.

The Schmooze
08-14-2008, 03:54 PM
I wasn't referring to you or myself. I was referring to someone else typing in this forum who thinks the flagpin issue and one picture of the pledge or allegiance define a person.

oh......sorry.........uhhh.........this is awkward.....

haha I thought you were referring to me!

in that case, we're in agreement!

theuuord
08-14-2008, 04:36 PM
oh boy...

you believe in god but wont stand up because it is not inclusive of the views of the country?

are you serious?

by far people in this country believe in a god.. whether christian or other most people DO believe in some god... so your whole single person protest is ridiculous

Yes. I am serious. I, as a reasonable person of sound mind, recognize the minority in this country as human and should be respected.

10% of this nation doesn't believe in god (give or take). You're right, that is a minority. Roughly 13% of the nation is black, according to the 2000 census. Should we pledge to only white people too? I mean they ARE the huge majority, so according to your logic no one else's opinion matters.

and his hand placement is important IF you take it in context with YOUR OPINION of the rev wright issues, his wifes "never been proud of my country before" remarks, his muslim upbringing (predominantly Muslim schooling), his talking down about America in berlin and to a 7 year old girl and other obama lies...

like when he claimed that the Kennedy administration paid for his Kenyan father to travel to America on a student scholarship and therefore was responsible for his “very existence”. However the first march on Selma took place on March 7, 1965. Obama would have been about three and half years old at that time. For some reason the media never did the math on this...

so when you take this and other things into CONTEXT.. then you can see why some people (like me) would rather trust a POW war hero over a street organizer

LOL @ any of those things having to do with his hands being at his waist instead of at his heart. We're not talking about his schooling, his former pastor whose words were misinterpreted, or the Kennedy administration when Obama was a child.
We're talking about the way he stands during the pledge of allegiance.
Who the hell cares? Really? He's still showing respect to the flag. This is making an Everest out of a molehill that isn't even a molehill.

+1, if you want to talk about context let's talk about the "terrorist fist jab." LOL. Get outta here.

theuuord
08-14-2008, 04:38 PM

Speaking of context, the way you said it shows the negative connotation you chose to spin it in.

Obama did not "admit" to going to a predominantly Muslim school, because it is not a crime or a mistake to do so.
To admit to something is to accept blame. There is no blame to be taken for a Muslim schooling because being Muslim is not wrong.

FearAD
08-14-2008, 04:57 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

I wish Barack would address what happened that day. There are number examples in the above link that shows him respecting the flag and reciting the Pledge of Allegance and National Anthem.

There are time when I attend games or have coached games where my mind is somewhere else I innocently forget to place my hand on my heart.

I have seen a number of photos of John McCain without a flag pin on. I don't even own a flag pin.

I respect McCain's service to this country. I love the photo of him on crutches meeting Richard Nixon. I don't question his patriotistism. But simply it takes more than being a patriot to be a good President. Bush proved that.

b1e9a8r5s
08-14-2008, 05:12 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

I wish Barack would address what happened that day. There are number examples in the above link that shows him respecting the flag and reciting the Pledge of Allegance and National Anthem.

There are time when I attend games or have coached games where my mind is somewhere else I innocently forget to place my hand on my heart.

I have seen a number of photos of John McCain without a flag pin on. I don't even own a flag pin.

I respect McCain's service to this country. I love the photo of him on crutches meeting Richard Nixon. I don't question his patriotistism. But simply it takes more than being a patriot to be a good President. Bush proved that.

I generally have no issue with anything you said and agree with your premise.

The one question I have is "Bush proved that"? When was Bush considered a "patriot"? One of the big issue's for Bush was his questionable National Guard service, one step above being a draft dodger. It was widely belived/charged that he used his privellage to get out of going to Vietnam. There were questions about his National Guard service, including the CBS story that lead to Dan Rather getting fired. It's a small point of contention, but I think that factually you are incorrect about this.

Am remembering this incorrectly?

FearAD
08-14-2008, 05:21 PM
I gave Bush a pass on all of his numerous military transgressions. He wears a pin and puts his hand on his heart which apparently is the only qualities you need to be a patriot.:D

mikeman0000
08-14-2008, 05:36 PM
In my homeroom, our principal comes over the loudspeaker and says the pledge, and i'm normally the only one who stands. Not only do I stand but i'll say the words along with her. People sometimes act like its not cool, but 2 years ago someone said something to me about it (same people in HR) and I tore him apart about his lack of respect towards the country and how he basically doesn't do it to be cool.

You may not like the choice of words, but its not about that, the Pledge is a symbollic anthem about respecting your country and what it stands for. Not standing up and respecting that is just disrespectful to those who died for your freedom.

The worst part is, you are allowed not to stand. Do you know why?

You live in a free country, that doesn't force you to stand up and say it.

Yet some of you won't give respect to the country that allows you to show disrespect. Baffling

blenderboy5
08-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Wait, what an awful argument FearAD.

As if Obama would notice everyone else start to get up and speak and he would get up but it would slip his mind to say the pledge. Like he wouldn't notice that everyone else is doing it? That's kinda a bad defense.

Raider_Vet
08-14-2008, 06:38 PM
The following story is true and taken from a speech that John McCain gave before the 1988 Republican National Convention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU9iCANi02oBFD! You Republicans are more concerned with image over substance. If you measure loyality to America with a hand over a heart or a flag pin IMO you are a moron.

Doc Fluty
08-14-2008, 07:09 PM
get over yourself

db75
08-14-2008, 07:47 PM
So, Barack not placing his hand over his heart implies he is not patriotic?

So then, is every American who has ever stood at attention while attending a sporting event, played in one, or was anywhere where the pledge of allegiance or anthem were played not patriotic? Because I sure as hell am patriotic and care much about our nation's ideals (and not any of the ******** political agenda that is inherit in the media/government addresses). I will always support our troops (but not necessarily the wars they fight). I will never be unsupportive of our constitution (as long as it is not adjusted in unjust manners). And I will always pay attention to presidential candidates and their ideals in hopes of their ideas being more beneficial that that of their predecessor's.

And what about politicians/general public wearing flag pins/garments. According to the flag code, "The flag should never be used as wearing apparel." So, by wearing flag pins, I believe that that makes the wearers unpatriotic.

...or by your logic anyway.

Doc Fluty
08-14-2008, 08:17 PM
first off debo, who are you talking too?

second noone is saying he isnt patriotic JUST cause he doesnt put his hand on his heart ONE TIME... that would be stupid

I stated that its important if you put it together with other instances and you draw your OWN INDIVIDUAL reasoning for it

heres what i wrote:

so in essence what i was saying was that if you PERSONALLY dont like the rev wright issues, his wifes "never been proud of my country before" remarks, his muslim upbringing (predominantly Muslim schooling), his talking down about America in berlin and to a 7 year old girl and other obama lies...

then his hand placement IS a big deal.. to you

theuuord
08-14-2008, 08:36 PM

second noone is saying he isnt patriotic JUST cause he doesnt put his hand on his heart ONE TIME... that would be stupid

I stated that its important if you put it together with other instances and you draw your OWN INDIVIDUAL reasoning for it

heres what i wrote:

so in essence what i was saying was that if you PERSONALLY dont like the rev wright issues, his wifes "never been proud of my country before" remarks, his muslim upbringing (predominantly Muslim schooling), his talking down about America in berlin and to a 7 year old girl and other obama lies...

post #31

db75
08-14-2008, 08:37 PM
This is the basis of your arguement - "Where's your hand, Barack?" My response is that he doesn't need to have his damn hand over his heart when the pledge of allegiance is being recited. It's a personal choice IMO, and his choice to stand, facing the flag in apparent admiration is not disrespectful at all.

I'm not disagreeing that the Reverend Wright issues or his wife's comment aren't important, because they could be...to you. His wife's statement could have been misinterpreted. People say things all the time in a manner which may sound as if it means one thing but was intended to portray an entirely different message. With the Rev. Wright comments, I'm not going to lie and say I know much about them, because I don't and am somewhat indifferent. What one man preaches to another does not mean that that other man automatically believes those ideals.

You seem to be nitpicking one little detail and pulling from other things that are generally unrelated to say "tie this **** togehter and this man is not fit to be president!" What makes McCain any more fit to be president? (And for the record, I do not support one more than the other. I will likely be a last minute voter because neither stands out more than the other IMO) Maybe McCain shouldn't be president because he can't give a speech or gives that goofy *** smile every time he's on the podium. Maybe Barack shouldn't be president because his middle name is Hussein. Regardless, either of these candidates couldn't do a worse job than Captain Incompetence.

db75
08-14-2008, 08:49 PM

heres what i wrote:

...but you're implying that with the caption for the picture you posted.

Anyone can put anything together in any way they wanted to draw conclusions. Let's see, I drive my car on a daily basis, I purchase Nike shoes, and couple that with forgetting to put the seat down after I piss. So, in essence, I'm supporting the release of massive amounts of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere, abuse of child labor practices, and am sexist toward women...and all of these acts are premeditated of course, right?

I'm sure Barack didn't support his Reverend's or his wife's comments in the context which they were taken, just like his hand "misplacement" wasn't a demonstration of his other beliefs. I doubt that a man not proud of his country with extremist ideals could run for office and make it down to the final two candidates without serious uproar and media spin.

sboyajian
08-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Many people actually don't put there hand over their heart. Some people do as he did, and clasp their hands and use it as time to reflect and pray.

As for this line:

Once they realized who his father was, he was relocated to a hospital that was mainly used for Vietnamese officers where he remained until his return home.

DenButsu
08-14-2008, 11:21 PM

7) Posting Images. This is something only to be done by moderators and team managers to make certain threads more attractive.

Who was it wrote those rules, Wrigley? :rolleyes:

Or are you just saying you think Obama is "more attractive" than McCain?

blenderboy5
08-14-2008, 11:42 PM
I believe that was to prevent users from posting useless, obscene, or high bandwith pictures, not to prevent an administrator from posting pics than enhance an thread.

DenButsu
08-14-2008, 11:47 PM
I believe that was to prevent users from posting useless, obscene, or high bandwith pictures, not to prevent an administrator from posting pics than enhance an thread.

"Enhance" is all in the eye of the beholder.

And we mods and TMs were specifically instructed to limit the use of images to game threads or otherwise "official" threads (for example, how I used the McCain logo for the Rep. convo and the Obama logo for the Dem. convo).

I wasn't aware that propaganda was fair game...

Anyways, I'm just giving Wrigley a hard time, I'm not too worried about it. But if this thread hadn't been posted by him, I'd merge it (and the "war hero" thread) into Truth and Fiction. As it is, I'll let them both stand, since this was apparently in response to that.

Faithdies
08-15-2008, 01:04 AM
Nvm.

b1e9a8r5s
08-15-2008, 02:08 AM
BFD! You Republicans are more concerned with image over substance. If you measure loyality to America with a hand over a heart or a flag pin IMO you are a moron.

Image over substance? I think that would be defining Obama, the young, charasmatic, guy who "doesn't look the same as the other presidents on the dollar bills".

DenButsu
08-15-2008, 02:14 AM
Image over substance? I think that would be defining Obama, the young, charasmatic, guy who "doesn't look the same as the other presidents on the dollar bills".

That is a perfect example, as that comment was made IN RESPONSE to McCain putting Obama's image on a dollar bill in one of his own damn commercials for the purpose of...

...well, maybe trying to point out (without saying it so he can dodge the racism charge) that Obama doesn't look like the other guys on dollar bills.

Opliko
08-15-2008, 03:08 AM
lol politics

Wrigleyboy25
08-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Who was it wrote those rules, Wrigley? :rolleyes:

Or are you just saying you think Obama is "more attractive" than McCain?
Give me a break. You sir know very well that moderators and TM's can post pictures. I never thought I'd see you resorting to moonman tactics. But if I hurt your feelings I'll just make it a link.

FearAD
08-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Wait, what an awful argument FearAD.

As if Obama would notice everyone else start to get up and speak and he would get up but it would slip his mind to say the pledge. Like he wouldn't notice that everyone else is doing it? That's kinda a bad defense.

BlenderBOY,

My point was that there are numerous other photos of him with his hand on his heart and singing the national anthem. This was a one time occurence. You Republicans would have a valid argument if there was some consistency, i.e., George Bush and his inability to acticulate words. This was a one time action.

One occurance does not make him a Islamic Facist Traitor. Jeezuz.

theuuord
08-15-2008, 05:25 PM
BlenderBOY,

My point was that there are numerous other photos of him with his hand on his heart and singing the national anthem. This was a one time occurence. You Republicans would have a valid argument if there was some consistency, i.e., George Bush and his inability to acticulate words. This was a one time action.

One occurance does not make him a Islamic Facist Traitor. Jeezuz.

I don't even think it would be a valid argument. It is not a big deal where the man puts his hands during the pledge. The fact that this thread has gone on four pages is just sad.

Raider_Vet
08-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Give me a break. You sir know very well that moderators and TM's can post pictures. I never thought I'd see you resorting to moonman tactics. But if I hurt your feelings I'll just make it a link.a prime example of how the powers that be don't follow the rules they make and are not willing to lead by example.

DenButsu
08-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Give me a break. You sir know very well that moderators and TM's can post pictures. I never thought I'd see you resorting to moonman tactics. But if I hurt your feelings I'll just make it a link.

Aw, come on Wrigley - I think you missed the following post where I said I was just giving you a hard time and wasn't too worried about it.

That was the purpose of the :rolleyes: smiley - to communicate the idea that I was kind of joking. :cool: