PDA

View Full Version : Braun not sure when his return will be

Brooke
08-10-2008, 01:31 PM
MILWAUKEE -- All-Star left fielder Ryan Braun remained out of the Brewers lineup Sunday, saying his lower back injury had made little progress.

Braun said he had trouble sleeping after sustaining the injury while swinging in the first inning of the Brewers' 6-0 win over the Washington Nationals on Saturday night.

"It's definitely not good," he said. "There's no way I can swing a bat today."

Braun, the NL player of the month for July, is listed as day to day, and said he had "no idea" when he would return to the lineup. He said it appeared the injury was to his intercostal muscles, which are several groups of muscles that run between the ribs.

"We think it might be spasms," he said.

Braun said he would receive treatment throughout the day to speed his recovery, and was receiving electrical treatment through a wide belt he wore around his waist while autographing baseballs in the locker room before Sunday's game.

Braun is batting .300 with a team-high 30 home runs and 84 RBIs in 114 games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3528352

OnWisconsin2007
08-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Well, the most important thing should be that he comes back when he's healthy. No need to rush him.

Brooke
08-10-2008, 02:03 PM
^^ I agree. I dont him to be rushed back and then get hurt again and possibly be done for the season

OnWisconsin2007
08-10-2008, 02:24 PM
They say, however, that Braun has a very intense core workout, which means I'm sure he'll be rehabbing and getting stronger and back to form soon.

Newest Badger
08-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Rivera in left?

Smithy04
08-10-2008, 10:25 PM
I'd rather have him for September, October, and beyond when it is down to the wire.

Brewersin08
08-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Does anyone know what Jay Gibbons is doing in the minors? This isn't looking good for Braun. If it's just back spassasms he'll be ok. But if it's something in his vertebrae, it could mean a long stint on the DL and a serious blow to this teams playoff chances.

OnWisconsin2007
08-11-2008, 12:36 AM
I haven't heard anything about vertabrae or anything series...other than Braun just having sore muscles. Give him a few days. Pretty hard to go through an entire season without getting dinged up.

jenk2722
08-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Hopefully, this is something minor. We can't afford to lose him for a long time. Last night was proof of that. We couldn't get anything going offensively, and when we did the runners got left on base. It was a great win, but we can't afford to lose Braun for a long time. He is the guy pitchers fear most on our roster.

Brooke
08-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Hopefully, this is something minor. We can't afford to lose him for a long time. Last night was proof of that. We couldn't get anything going offensively, and when we did the runners got left on base. It was a great win, but we can't afford to lose Braun for a long time. He is the guy pitchers fear most on our roster.

yeah I am glad we won BUT there were times when we needed some run support that I said this is when they really miss Braunie.

Brew Crew
08-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Good test for the rest of the team to step up in the absense of their star.

I should add that Rivera should get a shot in left. If Braun does go on the DL I expect to see Dillon up even though it should be Gwynn to fill his spot and test out the leadoff spot for next seaon.

Gwynn isn't going to start or lead-off next year. It's easy to see that as of this year as he got no chance at-all. The orginization doesn't see it in him.

Brewersin08
08-12-2008, 12:02 AM
He had the shot in the first 25 games this year and then unfortunately got hurt. He did alright up to that point. Last year in his 22 starts he hit .294 with a .348 OPB. He would be a much better option than Cameron in the big outfields with his speed also.

Cameron is one of the best defensive CF in the game. He has amazing speed for a guy in his mid-late 30's. However he does need to be replaced. 10 mil is way too much to give him for his option next year.

McNam003
08-12-2008, 12:30 AM
I don't know how to do that quote thingy, but now is not the time to be "testing" out things for next season. Dillon will come up if Brauny needs to visit the DL, We'll see Gwynn up in about three weeks for callups.

Newest Badger
08-12-2008, 01:00 AM
I don't know how to do that quote thingy, but now is not the time to be "testing" out things for next season. Dillon will come up if Brauny needs to visit the DL, We'll see Gwynn up in about three weeks for callups.

Click quote on their post.

Brooke
08-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Leftfielder Ryan Braun said he felt better today but termed it "highly doubtful" that he would be back in the Brewers' lineup Tuesday night in San Diego.

Braun sat out his second consecutive game with an intercostal strain (the muscles surrounding the ribcage). He still had no idea how he did it or when he might be able to play again.

"I'll just continue getting treatment and hopefully it'll get better," said Braun. "It's definitely better today than it was yesterday. But it's still a little ways to go, back to the point where I can play.

"I'll see how I feel tomorrow. It's day to day."

Braun said he didn't think the injury was enough to land him on the 15-day disabled list.

"I don't think so," he said. "I really don't know. Any intercostal or ribcage or oblique area, it's hard to put a timetable on it. I think it's definitely a good sign that I felt better today than yesterday.

"I'll just continue to get treatment and hopefully I'm back in there as soon as possible."

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/08/11/braun-not-sure-when-he-ll-return.aspx

thawv
08-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Does anyone know what Jay Gibbons is doing in the minors? This isn't looking good for Braun. If it's just back spassasms he'll be ok. But if it's something in his vertebrae, it could mean a long stint on the DL and a serious blow to this teams playoff chances.

AAA stats:

16 games/BA .281/HR 2/RBI 5/SLG 469/OPS .761

long ball
08-12-2008, 09:23 AM
If Braun goes on the dl I want either gibbons or nix to be the call up. TGJ sucks, dillon is bad too + has a noodle of an arm.

Newest Badger
08-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Gibbons is washed up. HUGE HUGE downgrade if Braun goes out. Anyone but Jay ****in Gibbons.

Martz
08-12-2008, 05:54 PM
This was the best time for him to go down. We have 2 series against 2 last place teams. Take the rest of this series to get better. We need you for the long haul baby...