PDA

View Full Version : Rehab over! Oden Returns to Full Practice

A.Mopp
08-05-2008, 08:27 PM
The rehabilitation of Greg Oden and his right knee is officially over.

Now, it's all about basketball.

So on Monday, the Blazers' 2007 No. 1 overall draft pick who missed all of last season because of a knee injury, began the latest and most significant step in his comeback. He practiced for the first time in full-contract drills, going up against teammate Channing Frye for 45 minutes at the Blazers' practice facility in Tualatin.

For moments, it was awe-inspiring. Early in the workout, Oden took a long stride and ripped at the rim with such ferocity that the shot clock mounted on the backboard shook for more than five seconds punctuating one of his dunks.

"I've got tingles," assistant general manager Tom Penn said from his courtside seat.

And for longer stretches Monday, it became evident that Oden still has a ways to go before he becomes the dominant force so many Blazers fans envision. The workout, Oden's first against an NBA player since he had season-ending knee surgery last September, revealed that he was decidedly out of game shape.

Reports are saying He is a bit out of shape. But that is ok.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/121790850650380.xml&coll=7

A.Mopp
08-05-2008, 08:27 PM
This is excellent news!!!

_Sn1P3r_
08-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Great news. He still has time to get back in shape but that is good news.

phils07
08-06-2008, 12:27 AM
league over. Blazer dominance ensues.

Hustla23
08-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Is it alright if I root for the Knicks and the Blazers? Or is that like traitorous or something.

Dawson8
08-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Out of game shape? It will take him two or three months to be in "shape" for the NBA. Which is crazy because the man is absolutely ripped up.

blackjack_119
08-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Is it alright if I root for the Knicks and the Blazers? Or is that like traitorous or something.

If it was Lakers and Blazers... I don't think it would fly, but everyone is allowed to root for a team in the East and then have another favorite in the West.

POZUNO
08-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Clippers/Blazers. Both should have an exciting season. Happy for both teams and their off season acquisitions.

Hustla23
08-06-2008, 08:49 PM
If it was Lakers and Blazers... I don't think it would fly, but everyone is allowed to root for a team in the East and then have another favorite in the West.

Awesome. The blazers were one of my fav teams when they were the Jail Blazers lol. I watched every single one of those games. Big Sheed and Company were fun to watch.

But this group of blazers should be even more exciting. Can't wait. I'm eager to see what Bayless does in this lineup alone with Big Greg.

DJ CHACH
08-06-2008, 09:52 PM
hustla, do u remebr how ghetto they were against the lakers in that series that went like 6,7 games..rashweed hittin his threes, scottie pippen rockin the nicest nike's at the time..i even bought a pippen jersey,..i ve always liked the blazers jersey..it never changes...that bad boy attitude is long gone from the nba and i miss it too much..i think david stern got car jacked and ever since that night, he's been promising his wife for a change in society..then she smacks the **** outta him cuz she paid for the car, and makes him sleep in the kitchen..f.a.t. a.s.s

ragee
08-06-2008, 11:23 PM
hustla, do u remebr how ghetto they were against the lakers in that series that went like 6,7 games..rashweed hittin his threes, scottie pippen rockin the nicest nike's at the time..i even bought a pippen jersey,..i ve always liked the blazers jersey..it never changes...that bad boy attitude is long gone from the nba and i miss it too much..i think david stern got car jacked and ever since that night, he's been promising his wife for a change in society..then she smacks the **** outta him cuz she paid for the car, and makes him sleep in the kitchen..f.a.t. a.s.s

Lol... I was a fan of the jail blazers too... They should have won that series... Damon drove and Shaq fouled him! there was no call!!!

ragee
08-06-2008, 11:26 PM
I am crossing my fingers and hoping that Greg Oden does not turn into another Sam Bowie... This team is too promising and it would be a shame if it happens... I hope Greg lives up to his hype and lead the Blazers to a couple of championships!

ragee
08-06-2008, 11:55 PM

It's ok... Im rooting for the Blazers, the Magic and the Mavericks... LOL... I am also rooting for the Lakers to not win a single championship!!!! No disrespect, I am just curious, why the Knicks?

Tblaze
08-07-2008, 07:19 AM
It's ok... Im rooting for the Blazers, the Magic and the Mavericks... LOL... I am also rooting for the Lakers to not win a single championship!!!! No disrespect, I am just curious, why the Knicks?

he lives there ;)

Hustla23
08-07-2008, 10:17 AM

LOOL. That's funny

Hustla23
08-07-2008, 10:18 AM

Well yeah, cuz I live here LOL.

And I can never get the 90's knicks out of my mind. They were the greatest team ever assembled :cry:

ragee
08-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Well yeah, cuz I live here LOL.

And I can never get the 90's knicks out of my mind. They were the greatest team ever assembled :cry:

LOL... I live in LA but I hate the Lakers! Well, the main reason is Kobe... I was also a fan of the Knicks... Untill they fired Larry Brown... I think he is one of the best out there... I even wished that the Mavs fired Avery sooner so they could have gotten him... Hehehehe

Hustla23
08-07-2008, 11:32 AM
LOL... I live in LA but I hate the Lakers! Well, the main reason is Kobe... I was also a fan of the Knicks... Untill they fired Larry Brown... I think he is one of the best out there... I even wished that the Mavs fired Avery sooner so they could have gotten him... Hehehehe

lol. Larry Brown is hardly one of "the best out there" . He's a complete moron and a fool. He didn't know how to coach our players since they were so bad and all he did was throw out a different lineup and try to run set plays everytime down the court. He didn't care about chemistry or any of that.

And now he's in Charlotte. I feel sorry for them. Look at all the talent the Bobcats have. Emeka Okafur, Gerald Wallace, Felton, it's ridiculous yet they still suck. Seems like it's the coach's fault. :eyebrow:

fabian11593
08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
He's going to have a good rookie year, but he won't be Rookie of the Year. Michael Beasley will.

ragee
08-07-2008, 03:06 PM
lol. Larry Brown is hardly one of "the best out there" . He's a complete moron and a fool. He didn't know how to coach our players since they were so bad and all he did was throw out a different lineup and try to run set plays everytime down the court. He didn't care about chemistry or any of that.

And now he's in Charlotte. I feel sorry for them. Look at all the talent the Bobcats have. Emeka Okafur, Gerald Wallace, Felton, it's ridiculous yet they still suck. Seems like it's the coach's fault. :eyebrow:

You are a Knicks fan! LOL... Larry Brown was not the problem... If he was, The Knicks should have done better when Isiah took over the coaching job... The problem with the team is that the personalities of each players... Especially Marbury... Now that you guys have Westbrook, you can just set him aside and wait for his contract to expire... Don't worry, the Knicks will be better in the next couple of years... Curry will be able to score more effectively with Westbrook on their pg... Especially 2010 if Lebron stays in the NBA... The Knicks and the Nets are the only option for him...

I still stand to what I said about Larry Brown... Look what he did to the Pistons and the Sixers... That is what he will do with the BObcats as well... It is not his fault the players didn't mesh that well...

Hustla23
08-07-2008, 06:19 PM
You are a Knicks fan! LOL... Larry Brown was not the problem... If he was, The Knicks should have done better when Isiah took over the coaching job... The problem with the team is that the personalities of each players... Especially Marbury... Now that you guys have Westbrook, you can just set him aside and wait for his contract to expire... Don't worry, the Knicks will be better in the next couple of years... Curry will be able to score more effectively with Westbrook on their pg... Especially 2010 if Lebron stays in the NBA... The Knicks and the Nets are the only option for him...

I still stand to what I said about Larry Brown... Look what he did to the Pistons and the Sixers... That is what he will do with the BObcats as well... It is not his fault the players didn't mesh that well...

Uhh dude. We didn't get Westbrook. We drafted Danilo Gallinari, the euro guy.

And lol no. You didn't experience first hand the idiocy of Larry Brown. I , on the other hand, did. Great coaches are supposed to be able to coach any and all players. Anybody can lead a group of all stars to a championship, and that's what he did with the Pistons. If you recall correctly, the entire starting lineup of the Pistons was in the All Star game that year. And he never did anything special with the Sixers except having Allen Iverson on his team.

The Bobcats have been the same team for a while, you'd think they would of "meshed" by now. And to further prove his stupidity, look who we drafted. With an all star capable point guard in Raymond Felton, he wastes the 9th pick on DJ Augustin and didn't draft Brook Lopez, a center that was the foremost priority for that team. And then he traded away next year's first rounder for the 20th pick and drafted a scrub.

This guy has no idea what he's doing and sooner or later he's going to run the organization into the ground. It doesn't help that he has that dolt Micheal Jordan as the GM.

ragee
08-08-2008, 02:21 AM
Uhh dude. We didn't get Westbrook. We drafted Danilo Gallinari, the euro guy.

And lol no. You didn't experience first hand the idiocy of Larry Brown. I , on the other hand, did. Great coaches are supposed to be able to coach any and all players. Anybody can lead a group of all stars to a championship, and that's what he did with the Pistons. If you recall correctly, the entire starting lineup of the Pistons was in the All Star game that year. And he never did anything special with the Sixers except having Allen Iverson on his team.

The Bobcats have been the same team for a while, you'd think they would of "meshed" by now. And to further prove his stupidity, look who we drafted. With an all star capable point guard in Raymond Felton, he wastes the 9th pick on DJ Augustin and didn't draft Brook Lopez, a center that was the foremost priority for that team. And then he traded away next year's first rounder for the 20th pick and drafted a scrub.

This guy has no idea what he's doing and sooner or later he's going to run the organization into the ground. It doesn't help that he has that dolt Micheal Jordan as the GM.

Oh Yeah!!!! I keep mixing it up! The sonics got Westbrook!!!! HAhahahaha... My bad!!! Lol... With regard to the Bobcats, he just got in... He'll just be starting to coach this season so its not his fault the Bobcats sucked last season... With regards to getting Augustine, you are right... I think that was a stupid! They already have Felton... I wanted DJ for the Blazers!!!!

GSW fan
08-09-2008, 11:26 PM
bout time

Sports Illustrator
08-13-2008, 03:30 PM
After watching Greg Oden slam dunk his way through portions of a two-hour workout Monday at the Trail Blazers' Tualatin training facility, General Manager Kevin Pritchard was left with a good feeling about his 7-foot center. "The thing we worried about was, would he have his explosion back?" Pritchard said of the No. 1 pick in the 2007 NBA draft, who missed last season after September microfracture surgery on his right knee. "I think the answer is yes, and (the knee) is coming back maybe stronger than it was before." It's far too early to tell that for sure. But Oden looked powerful, if nothing else, in the 20 minutes of Monday's session with Portland assistant coach Dean Demopolous that was open to the media. Oden returned to Portland from Columbus, Ohio, last week and is beginning his second week of early conditioning with Demopolous. Oden has been joined by Blazer teammates Steve Blake and Channing Frye, who have made Portland their off-season home. In two-on-two drills with 7-footer Steven Hill from Arkansas, Oden dunked often with two hands. At one point, he took a lob pass from Blake and rammed in a two-hander, celebrating as he bounded to the floor.

From Portland Tribune (http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/story.php?story_id=121858662909465000)