PDA

View Full Version : Expectations for this upcoming season?

downsos
07-31-2008, 10:29 PM
What are your expectations for the Avs, with Sakic and without?

With Sakic I think it will be the same as last year, a few points from winning the division or a few points from missing the playoffs. About 90-95 points.

Without Sakic I think it will be pretty much the same. About 87-92 points.

avsman05
08-01-2008, 12:07 AM
With Sakic they have 97 points without 87.

downsos
08-01-2008, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I really don't even see us getting past the first round this year unless whoever the starting goalie is stands on his head like theo did last year.

dnnug
08-03-2008, 08:29 PM
I think our defense is going to be very good and now if you nail us with a hit we'll knock you even harder. (enter Darcy Tucker, Per Ledin along with Lappy)

our offense is going to be very good. Smyth will have a better year,Svatos will be healthy,Statsny will be his usuall self,Darcy will help on the power play.

And I believe our goal tending is not going to be as bad as some have made it out to be. Hackett will have a big impact on Raycroft and turn him around, Boods has proven to be a very good tender.

with that being said, I believe winning this division is very attainable and should be the goal for the team this season.

Danmcn12
08-04-2008, 02:51 AM
Svatos and Wolski will come to the forefront and maybe get some recognition they deserve.