PDA

View Full Version : Brewers Sign Jay Gibbons

evd81
07-23-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm not a Brewers fan, but I'm pissed at them for signing Jay Gibbons:

http://www.hardballreport.com/content/view/1411/67/

Not because Gibbons is a bad player (even though he might be), but because of the principle behind it. I mean, why justify the guy's steroid use? Do you all agree, or is beating the Cubs more important?

WI Sports Fan
07-23-2008, 03:41 PM
but because of the principle behind it. I mean, why justify the guy's steroid use? Do you all agree, or is beating the Cubs more important?

I'm sorry, but that's ********. Do you have any idea how many players were mentioned in the Mitchell Report and are playing this year?

CubsRule08
07-23-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm not a Brewers fan, but I'm pissed at them for signing Jay Gibbons:

http://www.hardballreport.com/content/view/1411/67/

Not because Gibbons is a bad player (even though he might be), but because of the principle behind it. I mean, why justify the guy's steroid use? Do you all agree, or is beating the Cubs more important?

What? Just because he was on the Mitchell Report, that means nobody can sign him? If they want him, who cares? It was their decision to sign him...

WI Sports Fan
07-23-2008, 07:00 PM
22 :yawn:
Jason Giambi, Gary Sheffield, Gary Bennett, Jack Cust, Howie Clark, Ryan Franklin, Eric Gagne, Jerry Hariston Jr., Matt Herges, Paul Lo Duca, Andy Pettitte, Miguel Tejada, Ron Villone, Gregg Zaun, Brian Roberts, Kent Mercker, Rick Ankiel, Troy Glaus, Paul Byrd, Jose Guillen, Gary Matthews Jr., and Scott Shoeneweis are all playing this year. What are teams thinking letting these guys play? They are such horrible people that made a mistake and baseball let them get away with it. Cmon people, get over it already. You can't tell me that if most of these guys were available you wouldn't want your team to pick them up on a no risk minor league deal.

Thanks ******. I rest my case.

Smithy04
07-23-2008, 07:21 PM
I like the signing for the fact that he was a just decent player before the Mitchell Report came out. He will help us in the OF with more depth-oriented backups for the OF.

Gibbons said he will donate all of his minor league salary to charity if someone just signs him.

BaRRySandAmaN
07-23-2008, 09:11 PM
I doubt ALL of it. We'll be hearing from him in bankruptcy court if he does that.
Gibbons is getting like 19 MIL from the O's still, dont think he is too worried about his Minor League Contract Earnings

I love the signing, if he stays healthy he is a nice guy to have on the bench.