PDA

View Full Version : More Trades For Relievers?

brewers-champs
07-21-2008, 12:30 PM
A local Milwaukee Radio station was bringing up George Sherrill and Fernando Rodney , they said the Brewers are in the hunt of getting one of them.

Brew Crew
07-21-2008, 01:37 PM
A local Milwaukee Radio station was bringing up George Sherrill and Fernando Rodney , they said the Brewers are in the hunt of getting one of them.

maybe Rodney...We'd have to give up way to much for Sherrill and he hasn't even been that good of late. I'm sure Rodney would cost us one of our good prospects as well.

long ball
07-21-2008, 02:46 PM
I want no business of rodney. He is often injured and not pitcing well so far this year.

Sherrill is decent but he would command way to much for a reliever with and ERA nearing 4. I know he has a ton of saves but he's not worth the prospect we would have to give up.

I am also down on Houstan street. Bad outings lately.

The pen should be better once Ned realizes McClung should be in the Pen instead of this matchup platoon garbage.

Martz
07-21-2008, 03:38 PM
I want no business of rodney. He is often injured and not pitcing well so far this year.

Sherrill is decent but he would command way to much for a reliever with and ERA nearing 4. I know he has a ton of saves but he's not worth the prospect we would have to give up.

I am also down on Houstan street. Bad outings lately.

The pen should be better once Ned realizes McClung should be in the Pen instead of this matchup platoon garbage.

Why is it so hard for him to realize that Villanueva would be good for the 8th inning right now, and McClung can do the long relief stint?

spazzmccrory
07-21-2008, 04:08 PM
LONG BALL it's Street and he would be a perfect fit in our pen. I can't wait for him to be a brewer move torres to the 8th street in the ninth. perfect and we still control him for the next two years

mattz1212
07-21-2008, 04:21 PM
LONG BALL it's Street and he would be a perfect fit in our pen. I can't wait for him to be a brewer move torres to the 8th street in the ninth. perfect and we still control him for the next two years

I'd love it, but the last thing that's going to happen is Beane is going to get cheated in a deal. Despite having a mediocre year the Brewers are still going to have to pay out the *** for Street. If the Brewers can somehow manage to get Street at a reasonable price, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see him in a Brewers uniform.

And I agree Sherrill is also probably going to cost more than he should. He's struggled, not to mentioned he's probably going to be the most highly contested bullpen arm on the market.

I wouldn't mind the addition of Rodney but he can be rather inconsistent. If he comes cheap, then the addition would at least be an upgrade over Mota.

long ball
07-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Why is it so hard for him to realize that Villanueva would be good for the 8th inning right now, and McClung can do the long relief stint?

I even think McClung can be a good8th inning guy. He throws gas and could possibly throw a little harder if he did not have to preserve anything for more innings.

OnWisconsin2007
07-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Villanueva is the long inning guy, and has been doing well there. I have no problem with McClung pitching the 8th, other than the fact that he is capable of pitching multiple innings so it would kind of seem like a waste.

Brewersin08
07-22-2008, 12:25 AM
I would rather have seen the Brewers trade to get Grudzilinek or however the **** you spell his name and Mahay or Soria from the Royals for some prospects than Durham. We need a veteran bat off the bench, but more importantly we need a reliable late inning reliever.

spazzmccrory
07-22-2008, 04:30 AM
I would rather have seen the Brewers trade to get Grudzilinek or however the **** you spell his name and Mahay or Soria from the Royals for some prospects than Durham. We need a veteran bat off the bench, but more importantly we need a reliable late inning reliever.

True BUT The brewers still have 10 plus days I think they will make a move for a reliever. I think Weeks might be in a deal May be why they wanted durham

Brew Crew
07-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Weeks won't be traded. He is our starting 2nd basemen. Durham is here for a spot start/later inning guy. It seems weird but that's what it is.

long ball
07-22-2008, 10:56 AM
I hope Mota's Scoreless inning does not mean he'll be here today after Suppan in activated. They will probably option Stetter now instead of DFA Mota

hgtiger32
07-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Brewers bullpen will be set...maybe sign a veteran FA pitcher...but this is the reason they got torress, mota, gagne, riske, and even shouse...trust me they'll kick it in gear...and they'll be fine-trust me...weeks is seeing the ball better and getting on base more...they wont trade him

Madtown343
07-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Instead of trusting you... i would rather see one more move to add an arm that we could trust in the 8th or 9th innings.

Martz
07-22-2008, 05:27 PM
I even think McClung can be a good8th inning guy. He throws gas and could possibly throw a little harder if he did not have to preserve anything for more innings.

I'd rather have Carlos, way more success in the Bullpen.

Martz
07-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Instead of trusting you... i would rather see one more move to add an arm that we could trust in the 8th or 9th innings.

We've already given up a lot of prospects. Granted yes, minus LaPorta, our prized AA team is intacted...but we've still given up a lot. I would feel more comfortable staying with what we got then trading for an arm just to get another arm. I think trading for a guy who's gonna make a real difference would be too much to give up this year.

hgtiger32
07-23-2008, 12:17 AM

It's not that complicated

you go with either villanueva or gagne in the 7th and 8th and have torress in the 9th

Smithy04
07-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Carlos V really is a great Bullpen pitcher instead of being a SP. It seems he thrives more in those one-three IP that he receives.