PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 billboard draws flak from Florida Democrats

LeoGetz
07-16-2008, 03:40 PM
A Florida man is using billboards with an image of the burning World Trade Center to encourage votes for a Republican presidential candidate, drawing criticism for politicizing the 9/11 attacks.

9/11 billboard draws flak from Florida Democrats, GOP (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/16/911.billboard/index.html)

Whats going to happen next? Some democrat will put up a billboard with some Iraq vets with no legs or arms saying don't vote republican. God Bless America

gcoll
07-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Some democrat will put up a billboard with some Iraq vets with no legs or arms saying don't vote republican. God Bless America
Well. You had that ad where Mccain was accused of wanting to kill "Baby Alex". Not sure if that would be comparable.

But really, that billboard is pretty ridiculous.

Doc Fluty
07-16-2008, 07:43 PM
the guy had good intentions..."wanting us to remember"..

but he is still stupid.

i dont even get what hes saying.. so in his eyes if we elect a democrat we will be hit again?

or that if we get it the democrats wont be able to handle it well?

my view....

1. they want to hit us no matter whos in office

2. whoever hits an ally...if Israel get nuked by iran, no matter whos in office, were at war.

3. if some country hits us... syria or n korea.. they are obliterated... period

so i dont get this guys point at all...

blenderboy5
07-16-2008, 09:22 PM
It's not a bad strategy, as it works.

And it's not uncalled for. The left does similar things with Baby Alex or exploting middle class children to pass health care.

LeoGetz
07-16-2008, 11:22 PM
It's not a bad strategy, as it works.

And it's not uncalled for. The left does similar things with Baby Alex or exploting middle class children to pass health care.

Where the hell is the baby Alex ad thanking the Bush administration for keeping his parents safe since the attack on 9/11?? Is a little gratitude too much to ask for nowadays??

blenderboy5
07-16-2008, 11:24 PM
People have political ADD.

You can't worry about things like the hobo getting flu shots or the crack ho having access to abortion if you're neighbors and dying every day.

And once they're not dying, you ignore the possibility that it could happen.

So you focus on other things.

LeoGetz
07-16-2008, 11:45 PM
People have political ADD.

You can't worry about things like the hobo getting flu shots or the crack ho having access to abortion if you're neighbors and dying every day.

And once they're not dying, you ignore the possibility that it could happen.

So you focus on other things.

There are two types of people in the world...*******s & idiots. 98% of the American public will believe whatever the tv tells them, after all why would tv lie?

BADizzleBoY
07-16-2008, 11:51 PM
thats wrong.

uchiha
07-16-2008, 11:54 PM
the guy had good intentions..."wanting us to remember"..

but he is still stupid.

i dont even get what hes saying.. so in his eyes if we elect a democrat we will be hit again?

or that if we get it the democrats wont be able to handle it well?

my view....

1. they want to hit us no matter whos in office

2. whoever hits an ally...if Israel get nuked by iran, no matter whos in office, were at war.

3. if some country hits us... syria or n korea.. they are obliterated... period

so i dont get this guys point at all...

He had good intentions?! Are you serious?!!!! Whoever put this up is a ****ing moron, plain in simple. Bush is the reason for the 9/11 attacks and anybody who doesn't realize that by now is blinded and brainwashed by what they see and hear on Fox News and other big media outlets. Enjoy your personal liberties you moron.

blenderboy5
07-16-2008, 11:54 PM
We'll stop politicizing 9/11 when they stop politicizing the iraq war. Both are legitimate issues anyway.

blenderboy5
07-16-2008, 11:55 PM
He had good intentions?! Are you serious?!!!! Whoever put this up is a ****ing moron, plain in simple. Bush is the reason for the 9/11 attacks and anybody who doesn't realize that by now is blinded and brainwashed by what they see and hear on Fox News and other big media outlets. Enjoy your personal liberties you moron.

Hahahaha.

Go play in a blender.

How does it feel to be so pretentious to think you're the only one who's right about 9/11?

uchiha
07-16-2008, 11:57 PM
We'll stop politicizing 9/11 when they stop politicizing the iraq war. Both are legitimate issues anyway.

the fact that both sides are doing nothing but "politicizing" the war is just a joke, nobody talks about answers, about how we are going to get out of this ridiculous mess that we should have never been in, because it ultimately doesn't matter as long as they are in power.

uchiha
07-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Hahahaha.

Go play in a blender.

How does it feel to be so pretentious to think you're the only one who's right about 9/11?

believe whatever the media tells you, all I said was Bush caused 9/11.. I have no idea what actually went down, and either do you

BADizzleBoY
07-17-2008, 12:01 AM
yeah bush just wanted to finish what his father started imo.

Randy West
07-17-2008, 12:02 AM
believe whatever the media tells you, all I said was Bush caused 9/11.. I have no idea what actually went down, and either do you

Which plane was he flying exactly??

ari1013
9/11 billboard draws flak from Florida Democrats, GOP (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/16/911.billboard/index.html)

Whats going to happen next? Some democrat will put up a billboard with some Iraq vets with no legs or arms saying don't vote republican. God Bless America
The same thing happened in 2002, 2004, and 2006. Free speech doesn't always come with good taste.

LeoGetz

That is true, not many know this but United Flight 93 was headed to Emma E. Booker Elementary School in Sarasota, Fla.

uchiha
07-17-2008, 12:04 AM

obviously you don't want to have an intelligent conversation with comments like that

blenderboy5
07-17-2008, 12:05 AM
It's hard to have an intelligent conversation with people who say "I'm right you're brainwashed."

Not a lot of room for debate.

ari1013
07-17-2008, 12:06 AM
Didn't you hear that it was really Air Force One that hit the Pentagon?

uchiha
07-17-2008, 12:07 AM
That is true, not many know this but United Flight 93 was headed to Emma E. Booker Elementary School in Sarasota, Fla.

Just one question, do you honestly believe everything that the media tells you? I don't have a ****ing agenda.. I am not pushing one side over the other, I just realize that the media is complete garbage and have their own agenda. Is it so wrong for me to be suspicious when the facts just don't add up. Or should I just believe everything that I see on TV?

Randy West
07-17-2008, 12:09 AM
obviously you don't want to have an intelligent conversation with comments like that

Did you ever stop to think that if I thought there could be intelligent discussion after a statement like that I would have tried harder??

blenderboy5
07-17-2008, 12:09 AM
You really don't have an agenda?

No anti-government or anti-bush or anti-authority or anti-media bias?

Randy West
07-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Didn't you hear that it was really Air Force One that hit the Pentagon?

I am sure that idea has been tossed around somewhere........lol

uchiha
07-17-2008, 12:11 AM
It's hard to have an intelligent conversation with people who say "I'm right you're brainwashed."

Not a lot of room for debate.

I can't be right.. because I have no idea what happened. Nobody is right... but some people are brainwashed, that you can't deny. WTC 7?

uchiha
07-17-2008, 12:12 AM

well if you put it that way, my agenda is anti-bullsh*t... so anti-media sounds about right

Randy West
07-17-2008, 12:12 AM
Just one question, do you honestly believe everything that the media tells you? I don't have a ****ing agenda.. I am not pushing one side over the other, I just realize that the media is complete garbage and have their own agenda. Is it so wrong for me to be suspicious when the facts just don't add up. Or should I just believe everything that I see on TV?

So Rove held the ladder while Bush planted the explosives??

Dick Cheney must have been lookout or something

ari1013
07-17-2008, 12:13 AM

That reminds me of the movie "Singles," which is probably a little too old for you to remember, but there was a memorable line in it.

The guy says, "all my friends have some sort of game they play when they talk to girls, but I like to just skip all that and come out and talk."

The girl says, "I think you do have a game. In fact I think your game is not having any game."

Moral of the story -- a mirror comes in handy.

ari1013
07-17-2008, 12:14 AM
I am sure that idea has been tossed around somewhere........lol
People come up with some strange stuff.

ari1013
07-17-2008, 12:16 AM
I can't be right.. because I have no idea what happened. Nobody is right... but some people are brainwashed, that you can't deny. WTC 7?
Cheap construction? Joint natural gas piping with the rest of the complex? There are lots of potential reasons why that structure was also weakened to the point of collapse.

That's a far cry from government involvement.

uchiha
07-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Cheap construction? Joint natural gas piping with the rest of the complex? There are lots of potential reasons why that structure was also weakened to the point of collapse.

That's a far cry from government involvement.

ok if that is the case, then why bury it.. act like it never happened? There were countless reports after the fact that just leave it out.

LeoGetz
07-17-2008, 12:19 AM

Of course I believe everything the media tells me why would they lie? If Bush or anyone else tells me that the economy or anything else is doing good then I believe it, why not its on tv. :rolleyes:

People are sheep & you won't change a damn thing because the average American is a dumbshit. It really doesn't matter that some guy in Florida puts up a billboard saying democrats caused 9/11 or if you put up a billboard of McCain eating baby Alex tomorrow, people will think & vote the same way they have always done.

Randy West
07-17-2008, 12:20 AM
We should dig back to page 14 and just bump an old 9/11 thread

uchiha
07-17-2008, 12:21 AM
People are sheep & you won't change a damn thing because the average American is a dumb****. It really doesn't matter that some guy in Florida puts up a billboard saying democrats caused 9/11 or if you put up a billboard of McCain eating baby Alex tomorrow, people will think & vote the same way they have always done.

the scary part about that is you are right

ari1013
07-17-2008, 12:24 AM
ok if that is the case, then why bury it.. act like it never happened? There were countless reports after the fact that just leave it out.
Probably because it was an indirect casualty and we were a little focused on the direct casualties of the attack -- for good reason.

Read up on Occum's Razor.

blenderboy5
07-17-2008, 12:34 AM
People are sheep & you won't change a damn thing because the average American is a dumbshit. It really doesn't matter that some guy in Florida puts up a billboard saying democrats caused 9/11 or if you put up a billboard of McCain eating baby Alex tomorrow, people will think & vote the same way they have always done.

QFT I completely agree

DodgersFan28
07-17-2008, 03:05 AM
OMG this thread is HILARIOUS!!! :laugh:

BUSH CAUSED 9/11!! IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME, YOU'RE WRONG!!!

As far as the billboard goes, it was in poor taste and clearly not very much intelligence was used in its creation. Stupid is as stupid does, the end.

gcoll
07-17-2008, 07:28 AM

If you want to walk down this road, I'd be glad to.

It's been a little while since I've done so, but I'm always willing.

sboyajian
07-17-2008, 09:18 AM

correction.. 9/11 will stop being politicized when there is no more money to be made from it.

ari1013
07-17-2008, 11:55 AM
If you want to walk down this road, I'd be glad to.

It's been a little while since I've done so, but I'm always willing.
I think I handled it pretty well.

gcoll
07-17-2008, 07:03 PM
I think I handled it pretty well.

Yeah.

Right now he's still being pretty vague though. I give it a day or two before he's spouting off "LARRY SILVERSTEIN SAID PULL IT!!!!" type stuff. "A missile hit the Pentagon" and whatnot.

Or. If he's WAY out there, he'll suggest that the planes that hit the towers were hologram images, and all the videos of that day are edited, and the civilians who took the video, are "in on it".

blenderboy5
07-18-2008, 05:53 PM
^^^Yeah that's just ridiculous.

At least talk about weird things that happened and build theories off of it that actually happened.

Like, without understanding the context or the clarifications I understand how "pull it" meaning "pull firemen out" becomes "pull the building."

But the hologram images? That's ****ed up ****.

ari1013
07-19-2008, 08:46 AM
^^^Yeah that's just ridiculous.

At least talk about weird things that happened and build theories off of it that actually happened.

Like, without understanding the context or the clarifications I understand how "pull it" meaning "pull firemen out" becomes "pull the building."

But the hologram images? That's ****ed up ****.
wait that was a real theory? I thought he just made that up like my "air force one attack" theory.

J-E-T-S
07-19-2008, 11:41 AM
There are two types of people in the world...*******s & idiots. 98% of the American public will believe whatever the tv tells them, after all why would tv lie?

Thats the sad and real truth. Heck, people still watch FOX News and Bill O'Reilly!! Tell me how that is still happening :pity:

gcoll
07-19-2008, 07:20 PM
wait that was a real theory? I thought he just made that up like my "air force one attack" theory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reQZT9Hzvt8&feature=related

There's also a theory that a "space beam" invented during Reagan's "Star Wars" program, was used to "vaporize" 80% of the steel in the WTC buildings.

And, a funnier theory, is that the government invented the "no planes" and "space beam" theories, in order to make the REAL "truth movement" look silly. You'll see truthers call each other "Disinfo agents" a lot.

ari1013
07-19-2008, 09:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reQZT9Hzvt8&feature=related

There's also a theory that a "space beam" invented during Reagan's "Star Wars" program, was used to "vaporize" 80% of the steel in the WTC buildings.

And, a funnier theory, is that the government invented the "no planes" and "space beam" theories, in order to make the REAL "truth movement" look silly. You'll see truthers call each other "Disinfo agents" a lot.
just when I thought they couldn't get any crazier...

this makes the loose change guy look very normal.