PDA

View Full Version : I am going to stand up for Michelle Obama

FanofCubs
07-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Today I heard a radio show that was criticizing her for already looking into schools in the DC area for their girls.

They were saying it was because she is so sure he will win and is taking it for granted.

No she is being a smart mother. Do these boobs know what kind of research goes into finding the best school for your child?

Do they really think 2 1/2 months is enough time? Especially when they would be going through transition as well.

Randy West
07-09-2008, 07:56 PM
I mean lord forbid someone have some confidence and want to be prepared in case he does win.

Goes to show how petty politics are and how stupid it gets around election time

sboyajian
07-09-2008, 08:54 PM
I agree completely. We looked at the school system for nearly a year before deciding on a town.

JHG722
07-09-2008, 09:09 PM
I agree completely. We looked at the school system for nearly a year before deciding on a town.

I think that's different, no? Did you know for sure that your job was in G'Ville, or did you have choices? His 'job' would be in D.C., so they know in advance the exact location. Outside of public schools, it really shouldn't be too hard to find a school in the Washington Metro Area.

sboyajian
07-09-2008, 09:59 PM
There are a lot of private and military schools in the area.

And it's not different.. I am not talking about Gainesville.. We moved here because it was a good place to live to get into the area.. While we shopped for our new home (should be moving soon.. very excited).. the first thing we did was look for the best school system. Our son, even now, is only 2 1/2.. so school wasn't a concern.. now it is since our new house is long term.

My job is actually in Arlington, about an hour away.

Their children will attend private schools most likely.. You definately want to know ahead of time, even if it doesn't happen.. as said, with all the moving going on, you don't want to have to fit this into an already short schedule.. the kids will be moving mid school year.

yaowowrocket11
07-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Well, being a teacher and all, education is a pretty important aspect when deciding on a town/city to reside in.

JHG722
07-09-2008, 10:25 PM
I just don't see why she had to do this NOW. :shrug: I dont really care. I'm not one to make a big deal out of trivial things like this.

CubsGirl
07-09-2008, 10:39 PM
She might be moving in November and she's scouting out a school for her kids.

Who ****ing cares.

Game_Over
07-10-2008, 12:24 AM
I don't see anyone making a big deal about it but you.. I could care less and I'm not for Obama, I know he is going to win.. It isn't going to be a public school so I doubt it is going to be that hard of a search lol..

gcoll
07-10-2008, 12:40 AM
Who cares?

I mean does it really matter what school her kids go to. Obama will fix the public school system completely.

Although, my guess is the kids are going to private school....kind of funny, when you think about it.

JHG722
07-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Who cares?

I mean does it really matter what school her kids go to. Obama will fix the public school system completely.

Although, my guess is the kids are going to private school....kind of funny, when you think about it.

I was going to say...:laugh2: God forbid their kids go to public school, I mean the schools in that area are only some of the best in the country...

ari1013
07-10-2008, 01:10 AM
I was going to say...:laugh2: God forbid their kids go to public school, I mean the schools in that area are only some of the best in the country...
The DC public schools are amongst the worst in the country actually...

JHG722
07-10-2008, 01:31 AM

I meant in the WMA.

sboyajian
07-10-2008, 01:17 PM

seriously.. major issues.. Mayor Fente has had his work cut out for him big time.. dangerous, understaffed, underfunded..

he's doing a good job making them better though.

I think a company needs to come in and make one of the HS's a charter school.. that should help.

I meant in the WMA.

If you are referring to areas like Fairfax Country or Prince William County.. then yes..

Prince George's Country, DC Public, and some of the other surroundings are just flat out terrible.

JHG722
07-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Fairfax, PW, MontCo, Alexandria, Falls Church, Arlington County, Loudoun County, etc.

sboyajian
07-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Fairfax, PW, MontCo, Alexandria, Falls Church, Arlington County, Loudoun County, etc.
So.. basically.. the kids have the ability to go to about 9 different school systems and you expect her to somehow determine the best one somewhere between November and February? :)

I am more impressed with the fact that she is doing this herself and not having someone else do it.

JHG722
07-10-2008, 05:32 PM
So.. basically.. the kids have the ability to go to about 9 different school systems and you expect her to somehow determine the best one somewhere between November and February? :)

I am more impressed with the fact that she is doing this herself and not having someone else do it.

****, I could do it :P But yeah, it really doesn't bother me.

ari1013
07-10-2008, 06:27 PM
seriously.. major issues.. Mayor Fente has had his work cut out for him big time.. dangerous, understaffed, underfunded..

he's doing a good job making them better though.

I think a company needs to come in and make one of the HS's a charter school.. that should help.

If you are referring to areas like Fairfax Country or Prince William County.. then yes..

Prince George's Country, DC Public, and some of the other surroundings are just flat out terrible.
Maybe so, maybe not. The monetary costs involved in developing a charter school may outweight the benefits.

sboyajian
07-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Maybe so, maybe not. The monetary costs involved in developing a charter school may outweight the benefits.

they do have a good history of boosting education in low level areas.