PDA

View Full Version : Mock Trade Deadline Brewers

papipapsmanny
07-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Well in the mock deadline i ended up with the brewers, and if this was real life all of u would probably murder me because you guys are trying to compete now, but i like what i have done, because what i have done is made the brewers a dominate force 2 or 3 years down the road.

Below are there top prospects, and the trades under them, i like every trade except the sheets deal where i believe i could have gotten more, even though mouz is a beast and duffy is a starter with a very high ceiling

and u will notice that gallardo, and parra still remain on the team

Top Prospects:
1. David Price SP - just about mlb ready
2. Matt LaPorta 1B/OF -mlb ready
3. Mike Moustoukas SS
4. Elvis Andruz SS
5. Reid Brignac SS/2B -mlb ready
6. Michael Main SP
7. Jeremy Hellickson SP
8. Manny Parra SP- in the mlb
9. Nolan Reimold RF -mlb ready
10. Kasey Kiker SP
11. Mat Gamel 3B -pretty much mlb ready
12. Billy Rowell 3B
13. Brandon Snyder 1B/3B
14. Jake Arrieta SP
15. Jeremy Jeffress SP
16. Ryan Royster OF
17. Julio Bourbon OF
18. Brandon Erbe SP
19. Cole Gillespie, OF
20. Danny Duffy SP
21. Ryan Lavarnway C
22. Angel Salome, C
23. Lorenzo Cain OF
24. Caleb Gindl OF
25. Brent Brewer SS

Completed Trades:
1.) SP Ben Sheets traded to the Royals for SS Mike Moustoukas and SP Danny Duffy
2.) 1B Prince Fielder traded to the Rangers for SP Michael Main, SP Kasey Kiker, OF Julio Bourbon, and SS Elvis Andruz
3.) RF Corey Hart and 2 minor league players traded to the Orioles for SP Jake Arrieta and RF Nolan Reimold
4.) P Solomon Torres traded to the Rays for OF Ryan Royster
5.) P Brian Shouse and P Mitch Stetter traded to the Redsox for C Ryan Lavarnway
6.) LF Ryan Braun, SS Alcides Escobars, and 4 million dollars traded to the Rays for SP David Price, SP Jeremy Hellickson, and SS Reid Brignac
7.) SS JJ Hardy and 2B Richie Weeks traded to the Orioles for 3B Billy Rowell, SP Brandon Erbe, 1B Brandon

what do you guys think?

brewersfan729
07-08-2008, 05:45 PM
You got seriously screwed over on the Sheets and Hart trades.

papipapsmanny
07-08-2008, 06:57 PM
sheets i agreed but the league stopped another deal where i got heyward, shafer and gorkys hernandez from the braves saying i was getting to much soo..

and hart? i disagree Remiold is pretty much mlb ready, has better power expected to hit 30-35 hrs a year and has better obp than hart

Arrieta is a young pitching prospect with 2 or 3 potential

OC Knights #11
07-08-2008, 11:55 PM
you destroyed the team.

brewersfan729
07-09-2008, 12:43 AM
sheets i agreed but the league stopped another deal where i got heyward, shafer and gorkys hernandez from the braves saying i was getting to much soo..

and hart? i disagree Remiold is pretty much mlb ready, has better power expected to hit 30-35 hrs a year and has better obp than hart

Arrieta is a young pitching prospect with 2 or 3 potential

Hart has already hit 24 homers in the majors and is on pace to hit 25 this year.

Hart's minor league OBP was .357, Reimold's is .378. Hart's major league OBP is .340.

I know who Arrieta is, the Brewers drafted him but we had to give up the proven major league player for a similar player and two prospects for a prospect pitcher? Terrible.

WI Sports Fan
07-09-2008, 01:46 AM
Thank God we have Doug Melvin...

Brew Crew
07-09-2008, 11:32 AM
So basically you trade Fielder and Hart, two already young and proven studs, for more prospects? Or am I missing something here...

jtrinaldi
07-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Yep, destryoed the team, none will happen. Whats next? Price for 4 unknown players? Lets see the depth chart now

Smithy04
07-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Why on Earth would u do that to our team? That completely changed the face of the Milwaukee Brewers.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-09-2008, 07:39 PM
We are a win now playoff team. Isn't that something you want (playoffs)? Now you just made us the worst team in the league, although there is a high future, but we were already a great team.

jtrinaldi
07-10-2008, 03:29 PM
And this is why guests (young ones) shouldnt be allowed to read stupid topics
Because then they try to impress everyone at school with sports and everyone thinks theyre weird and then they try to prove it by saying i saw it on this expert site

GUESTS THIS IS WHAT A CRAZY GUY WOULD DO WITH THE TEAM!!!!!