PDA

View Full Version : We Are Fine Without LaPorta-Trust Me~

hgtiger32
07-08-2008, 12:26 AM
I was thinking about this...we'll be fine without LaPorta...

Michael Brantley will be our future CF(if not the Player To Be Named In A Trade)

Mat Gamel will be our 1B

JJ and Escobar will occupy SS and 2B...whos where dont matter

3B will be occupied by Taylor Green( if not the P.T.B.N.I.A.T.)

Trust me we have options...our 1st round pick Brett Laurie can play catcher, 2B, or 3B

Losing LaPorta's not the end of the world

hgtiger32
07-08-2008, 12:28 AM
if Brantley's traded...our CF will be Lorenzo Cain (he's also a player that could be traded in the CC trade)

PackCrewBuckBad
07-08-2008, 07:02 AM
i think we already knew we'd be fine.

nwilfan
07-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Actually a lot of people on the forum (some Brewer fans some others) act like it's the end of the world that we traded him especially if we don't sign Sabathia long term. It's pretty annoying. That is one of the reasons you have prospects. We landed someone who hopefully pushes us to the playoffs.

If C.C. and Sheets walk you are still in the exact same position you would have been anyway. The trade did not affect the Brewers starting pitching position for 2009. If anything it now gives them 2 #1s to try to negotiate with in an attempt to sign one of them long term.

Brewers have all 8 position players under contract for 2009. I hope they don't pick up Cameron's option but either way you would not have seen LaPorta in 2009. The OF spot will be Gwynn, Cameron :mad: or a free agent.

Brewers have 6 of the 8 postion players for signed for 2010. The only 2 holes are catcher and CF, although depending on how they fill OF next year this may also be under control.

Without trading off some of your major league talent (Fielder, Hart, Braun) the earliest you were going to see LaPorta starting everyday was probably 2010 or as late as 2011 depending on how he and others progressed.

I think I'll take a playoff race in 2008. Especially when you have a guy at the same level batting .371 with 15 HRs, 31 doubles and 75 RBI after 88 games and provides that pop from the left side which is always at a premium.

nwilfan
07-08-2008, 01:04 PM
LaPorta was turning into more of a luxury that the Brewers either had to squeeze into an outfield spot or get a key piece to a championship puzzle.

Exactly and I've had a season ticket package for 5 years now and I'm tired of going to games in September knowing that we have little to no shot of the playoffs.

The only thing on my mind in September was will I get the retro bobblehead and how much will the creepy guys near the entrances offer me for it.

Segway2_89
07-08-2008, 10:13 PM
LaPorta was turning into more of a luxury that the Brewers either had to squeeze into an outfield spot or get a key piece to a championship puzzle.

This is why in baseball mostly you draft the best player there

WI Sports Fan
07-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Not to mention Cole Gillespie and Calib Gindl in the OF. Those 2 and Cain are probably better prospects than Brantley at this point.