PDA

View Full Version : CC Sabathia traded and is now Officially a Milwaukee Brewer

Smithy04
07-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Sources: Indians agree to deal Sabathia to Brewers for minor leaguers

ESPN.com news services
Updated: July 6, 2008, 9:34 PM ET

It looks like the next time C.C. Sabathia takes the mound he'll be donning a Milwaukee Brewers jersey.

The Brewers and the Cleveland Indians agreed in principle to a deal for the reigning AL Cy Young on Sunday, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney. The deal is contingent on paperwork being finished and the exchange of medical records.

The trade was first reported by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

In a text message to ESPN.com's Amy K. Nelson, Sabathia all but confirmed the deal.

"I'm good, excited," Sabathia wrote. "It's weird leaving these guys."

Cleveland would get minor league outfielder Matt LaPorta, who is hitting .288 with 20 homers and 66 RBIs in 84 games for Double-A Huntsville, and others. The other players do not include top prospects Alcides Escobar or Mat Gamel, according to the Journal Sentinel.

The Brewers wanted Sabathia, who rejected a $72 million, four-year extension from the Indians during spring training, on their pitching staff in time to get him two starts before the All-Star break, according to multiple media reports. Sabathia, who is 6-8 with a 3.83 ERA this season, could debut in Milwaukee against the Colorado Rockies on Tuesday.

Brewers general manager Doug Melvin told the Journal Sentinel on Saturday that a proposal was on table and he awaiting word from Indians GM Mark Shapiro.

"Mark said he'd be in touch with me," said Melvin. "I'm sure they've got to think through everything."

Laporta was scratched from Huntsville's lineup Sunday, another indication the deal was close.

Milwaukee, which hasn't made the playoffs since 1982, is second in National League standings behind the Chicago Cubs.

The Brewers have been considered the front-runner in the Sabathia sweepstakes. The Los Angeles Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies and Tampa Bay Rays were among other teams vying for his services.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3475667

Smithy04
07-06-2008, 09:41 PM
This is such a great guy to bring to our team to make us a team to beat in the NL at this point. Sheets, C.C., and Parra make a deadly three who could take us deep into the postseason. C.C. is one of my favorite players in the MLB and I know that he won't let us regret this trade in the end.

redwhitenblue
07-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Wow, glory hog much?..the other thread was fine-but you needed your name in teh spotlight didn't you;)

Just kidding

IMO you're on the level of the Cubs now, it's basically CHC, MIL and PHI at the top for the NL, no one else really compares

PackCrewBuckBad
07-06-2008, 10:12 PM
we were always on the level of the cubs...

redwhitenblue
07-06-2008, 10:16 PM
we were always on the level of the cubs...
With Gallardo I agree, without him and with the ridiculous performance of Dempster, I think the Cubs had a higher level of overall talent on the team

PackCrewBuckBad
07-06-2008, 10:32 PM
well we have like the same record w/o CC or gallardo. And with Fielder, Braun, and Hall having "down" years.

redwhitenblue
07-06-2008, 10:37 PM
well we have like the same record w/o CC or gallardo. And with Fielder, Braun, and Hall having "down" years.
Without them you're 3.5 games behind, I think with one of those the difference would be about that much

And those guys are having down years?...they're still slugging over .500, they've just come back to earth with their OBP's, that's not a down year, that's a normal year

BaRRySandAmaN
07-06-2008, 11:04 PM
What a nice pick up for the crew, now we need to see if we can get him to stay for a extension. I really dont see Melvin bringing him in and losing LaPorta without having something brewing in Negotiations.

hoosiercubsfan
07-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Wow, glory hog much?..the other thread was fine-but you needed your name in the spotlight didn't you;)

Just kidding

IMO you're on the level of the Cubs now, it's basically CHC, MIL and PHI at the top for the NL, no one else really compares

As much as I would like to you can't leave St. Louis out of that also. They just seem to get it done with players off the scrap heap. With them getting Mulder back if he rounds back into form they are still very formidable.

hoosiercubsfan
07-06-2008, 11:09 PM
What a nice pick up for the crew, now we need to see if we can get him to stay for a extension. I really dont see Melvin bringing him in and losing LaPorta without having something brewing in Negotiations.

I have a feeling he is going to ask a king's ransom this offseason. Id venture to guess he wants at least what Santana got from the Mets. 6 years 130 million or there abouts will be what he is looking for.

chicagofan71
07-06-2008, 11:31 PM
IMO, this could lock the Crew a playoff spot. Whether you take the division or not, the Cards, cubs and Brewers should duke it out for 2 spots (WC and division). IMO, the Cards are gonna fall out of it though

BaRRySandAmaN
07-06-2008, 11:35 PM
I have a feeling he is going to ask a king's ransom this offseason. Id venture to guess he wants at least what Santana got from the Mets. 6 years 130 million or there abouts will be what he is looking for.
Yeah very well could be, but like I have stated before we have a Owner that will spend Money if it is good for the club, having 2 aces is good for the club, Keeping one of them is definately a must IMO

OC Knights #11
07-06-2008, 11:42 PM
awesome! Matt Laporta is going to an all star, hopefully we can sign C.C to an extension. No reason, why the Brewers shouldn't make the playoffs.

OnWisconsin2007
07-06-2008, 11:49 PM
I can't stop shaking my head at Cubs fans. Saying that they don't care, and after CC and Sheets we have nobody....lol. Parra has 9 wins and Suppan is a playoff veteran. Dave Bush is decent as well, he sometimes goes to the mound with no-hit stuff. They're all in a huge denial stage right now. Saying that it doesn't matter we got him? Come on, we have the best 1-2 punch in baseball, don't overlook that. I can't wait till the Cubs trade for some punk and try to rationalize how he's going to be better than CC. I love it right now. We have two pitchers better than their ace. Like I said, we'll be in the division lead shortly.

IamTurboman
07-06-2008, 11:49 PM
CC is the man! I am from where he is from in the Bay Area. Since mid May he has been one of the best pitchers in the bigs. Congrats!

Martz
07-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Jackson, Bryson included in trade
By Tom Haudricourt
Sunday, Jul 6 2008, 09:19 PM
A source familiar with the Brewers' trade for Cleveland lefty C.C. Sabathia just told me that the other players going to the Indians with Matt LaPorta are minor-league pitchers Zach Jackson and Rob Bryson and a fourth player, perhaps minor-league third baseman Taylor Green.

The fourth player currently is listed as "to be named later" but it is believed the Indians want to look more at Green, with the idea of moving him to second base.

Jackson, who was up briefly with the Brewers this season, is 1-5 with a 7.85 ERA at Class AAA Nashville in 22 appearances (six starts).

Bryson is pitching at Class A West Virginia, where he is 3-2 with a 4.25 ERA in 22 outings (five starts).

If Green indeed is the fourth player, he is batting .298 with 10 homers and 54 RBI at Class A Brevard County.

If Green isn't part of the deal, this is a no doubt steal. If Green is in the deal it's still a good one for the crew. We're not giving up that much except a future POTENTIAL all-star, and not a whole lot else unless Green is there.

Great work by DM for not giving up too much to get this guy.

Martz
07-07-2008, 12:05 AM
sorry forgot the link to the article...

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/07/06/jackson-bryson-included-in-trade.aspx

chicagofan71
07-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Wow...this make the deal a Whole lot better for you guys. Jackson and Bryson? Is Cleveland serious?

jwdaly07
07-07-2008, 12:15 AM
My brother was talking about listening to Chicago radio with my dad a little awhile ago and it's hilarious the amount of Cub fans calling in to say the move is overrated and means nothing...You can just feel the nervousness being emitted from Chicago. You should hear some of the reasoning they were using. This one guy goes "a pitcher is only as good as his defense, and the Brewers don't field well."

Yeah that makes sense, cause no pitcher could be successful with the Brewers this year...Just look at Sheets.

METS4LIFE1988
07-07-2008, 12:20 AM
I can't stop shaking my head at Cubs fans. Saying that they don't care, and after CC and Sheets we have nobody....lol. Parra has 9 wins and Suppan is a playoff veteran. Dave Bush is decent as well, he sometimes goes to the mound with no-hit stuff. They're all in a huge denial stage right now. Saying that it doesn't matter we got him? Come on, we have the best 1-2 punch in baseball, don't overlook that. I can't wait till the Cubs trade for some punk and try to rationalize how he's going to be better than CC. I love it right now. We have two pitchers better than their ace. Like I said, we'll be in the division lead shortly.

:clap:

Go BrewCrew

OnWisconsin2007
07-07-2008, 12:21 AM
The Cubs are in total denial mode, this is hilarious. All they're doing is rationalizing. Yeah, adding a Cy Young winner to your team means something. It means you're ****ed if you're the other team.

Let's not forget, CC Sabathia is a great hitter. This only makes the Brewers offense more potent. This guy's going to put up multiple HR's before the season is over. I guarantee CC is pumped to show off the stick. Also, this guy is a workhorse, he can throw 140 pitches. I'm so pumped.

chicagofan71
07-07-2008, 12:38 AM
The Cubs are in total denial mode, this is hilarious. All they're doing is rationalizing. Yeah, adding a Cy Young winner to your team means something. It means you're ****ed if you're the other team. .

Come on. I agree, most are, but most Brew fans would be doing the same as us now if we were the ones who got CC, and we'd be celebrating like you guys are

Let's not forget, CC Sabathia is a great hitter. This only makes the Brewers offense more potent. This guy's going to put up multiple HR's before the season is over. I guarantee CC is pumped to show off the stick. Also, this guy is a workhorse, he can throw 140 pitches. I'm so pumped.

this could be one of the more ridiculous things I've seen. A pitcher who gets 3-4 at bats at most every 5th day will make your offense even more potent? He has a good bat but come on now

METS4LIFE1988
07-07-2008, 12:41 AM
:faint:

jwdaly07
07-07-2008, 12:47 AM
Come on. I agree, most are, but most Brew fans would be doing the same as us now if we were the ones who got CC, and we'd be celebrating like you guys are

I agree only to a point. When the Cubs got Soriano I was saying it was a great move that would re-define their offense, and I admitted it was intimidating. No matter what moves the Brewers make it seems Cub fans refuse to acknowledge them as contenders. I like it that way, it'll be more satisfying when we do win the division, whether that be this year or in the future.

OnWisconsin2007
07-07-2008, 12:48 AM
If the Cubs got CC, I would most definitely NOT be saying those kind of things. CC is crazy good. And when he's on the mound, our offense is better. Can't deny that. Who cares if it's only every 5th day. This guy will be taking BP, he's going to be potent.

chicagofan71
07-07-2008, 12:53 AM
I agree only to a point. When the Cubs got Soriano I was saying it was a great move that would re-define their offense, and I admitted it was intimidating. No matter what moves the Brewers make it seems Cub fans refuse to acknowledge them as contenders. I like it that way, it'll be more satisfying when we do win the division, whether that be this year or in the future.

Believe me, I understand where you're coming from, but it's just different situations because the cubs were going after CC

hoosiercubsfan
07-07-2008, 12:59 AM

I believe a couple guys in Arizona may beg to differ. I think Webb and Haren still hold that distinction but you guys are most likely 2nd.

hoosiercubsfan
07-07-2008, 01:02 AM
I'd be more scared of this addition if you still had Gallardo out there. But CC will be able to step in and give the production you would have more than likely gotten out of Gallardo. Reason Cubs fans are saying it's not that big deal is he can only pitch once every five days. So thats about 15 games for the rest of the year.

89St3v3_Sm1Th89
07-07-2008, 01:03 AM
Sh1t I Dont See Why Any Team Wouldnt Be Inteminated By Our Pitchers.... Having Cc, Sheets Para Pitching Is Pretty Damn Good.... And If Gagne Can Start To Bring The Heat I Dont See Why Any Team Wouldnt Be Inteminated Expecially The Cubs... All I Gotta Say Is They Better Watch Out This Season And In The Future.... Go Brew Crew!!!!

Sc00py
07-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Sh1t I Dont See Why Any Team Wouldnt Be Inteminated By Our Pitchers.... Having Cc, Sheets Para Pitching Is Pretty Damn Good.... And If Gagne Can Start To Bring The Heat I Dont See Why Any Team Wouldnt Be Inteminated Expecially The Cubs... All I Gotta Say Is They Better Watch Out This Season And In The Future.... Go Brew Crew!!!!

I am actually embarrassed that this person is a Brewers fan like I am.

He might only get 15 more starts the rest of the year, but we have a heck of a lot better chance at winning those 15 starts than sending anyone else out to the mound. Cubs fans also can't deny the fear of facing Sheets and CC for 4 games in a 7 game playoff series.

CubsRule08
07-07-2008, 01:37 AM

He might only get 15 more starts the rest of the year, but we have a heck of a lot better chance at winning those 15 starts than sending anyone else out to the mound. Cubs fans also can't deny the fear of facing Sheets and CC for 4 games in a 7 game playoff series.

Now i aint gonna lie...that will be scary as s**t, but i think we can handle them ;)

hoosiercubsfan
07-07-2008, 01:48 AM

I wasn't even going to say anything about that post but wow just wow.

I will be more afraid of your team somehow improving the pen than what CC will do. Hypothetically if the Cubs and Brewers meet in the NLCS it will be more about the bullpens than the starters. The Cubs have been taking an insane amount of pitches this year. And you won't go blowing your top pitchers arms in the first game. So if the Cubs keep doing what they are doing it will be up to the pen after about 6-7 innings. With that I still at this point like our chances. But there is a lot of time between then and now. Anything can happen Gagne could all of the sudden remember how to dominate. Also there are still plenty in your farm system you could go out and make another deal for pen help. Then I'd be a lot more concerned than I am right now.

Brooke
07-07-2008, 06:50 AM
this makes them more dangerous :)

The Sheets/Sabathia combo will be tough to beat :)

IndiansFan337
07-07-2008, 08:37 AM

I will be more afraid of your team somehow improving the pen than what CC will do. Hypothetically if the Cubs and Brewers meet in the NLCS it will be more about the bullpens than the starters. The Cubs have been taking an insane amount of pitches this year. And you won't go blowing your top pitchers arms in the first game. So if the Cubs keep doing what they are doing it will be up to the pen after about 6-7 innings. With that I still at this point like our chances. But there is a lot of time between then and now. Anything can happen Gagne could all of the sudden remember how to dominate. Also there are still plenty in your farm system you could go out and make another deal for pen help. Then I'd be a lot more concerned than I am right now.
CC is capable of easily going 120+ pitches. So the 'pen isn't going to get much of a chance to make an impact if he is going good. And since eh can hit pretty well, it makes it less likely that he will get removed from a game a little bit too early for a pinch hitter.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Now i aint gonna lie...that will be scary as s**t, but i think we can handle them ;)

and then parra in 2 more. 8 game winner right now, if it weren't for that 6th run 9th, we would be a 9 game winner.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-07-2008, 10:10 AM

no, it isn't. If you can't get to the BP without a lead, then what good are they?
It is always about starters.
Not to mention CC has great stamina, and can swing a decent bat (no pinch hit).

spazzmccrory
07-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Yo Yo still thinks he can pitch in october that would be great. I STILL THINK MADDUX WILL BE TRADED FOR GWYNN JR BY THE 31st.
C.C.
Sheets
Para
Maddux
Suppan

BRADY4MVP
07-07-2008, 10:37 AM
congrats from the Red Sox....see you in October..........

if we can get by those damn rays

chicagofan71
07-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Yo Yo still thinks he can pitch in october that would be great. I STILL THINK MADDUX WILL BE TRADED FOR GWYNN JR BY THE 31st.
C.C.
Sheets
Para
Maddux
Suppan

:laugh: Gwynn for Maddux? Wow that'd be a rape for SD. They get a young CFer for an old half year rental who can't pitch outside petco

kyubi256
07-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Don't think you are guaranteed anything now... you first need to make the playoffs...

once there everything is a new game... watch out for those Mets, they have a great team though very inconsistent... (but still only 3.5 behind the Phillies with a lot of baseball left)... basically saying that a hot streak can get them into the playoffs and their 1-4 is a dangerous 1-4 if caught during a hot stretch

The Cubs and Brew Crew are the most dangerous teams now but neither are guaranteed anything...

jwdaly07
07-07-2008, 12:41 PM
I believe a couple guys in Arizona may beg to differ. I think Webb and Haren still hold that distinction but you guys are most likely 2nd.

Ben Sheets 10-2, 2.77 ERA, 1.11 WHIP
Brandon Webb 12-4 3.43 ERA, 1.16 WHIP

I would also take Sabathia over Haren any day. Sabathia first month of play is the reason his ERA is at 3.83, if you compare what he and Haren have done since May I imagine it would be very close and I think Sabathia is more of a real ace than Haren.

CubsRule08
07-07-2008, 01:37 PM
and then parra in 2 more. 8 game winner right now, if it weren't for that 6th run 9th, we would be a 9 game winner.

I know you wont agree with this, but a 3 game series matchup with the games as:

Zambrano vs. Sheets/Sabathia
Dempster vs. Sheets/Sabathia
Lilly vs. Parra

would be very interesting to watch...

TheRedMarauder
07-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Ben Sheets 10-2, 2.77 ERA, 1.11 WHIP
Brandon Webb 12-4 3.43 ERA, 1.16 WHIP

I would also take Sabathia over Haren any day. Sabathia first month of play is the reason his ERA is at 3.83, if you compare what he and Haren have done since May I imagine it would be very close and I think Sabathia is more of a real ace than Haren.

He got off to a tough start this season, but has posted a 2.16 ERA in his last 104 1/3 innings.

Deckard166
07-07-2008, 01:45 PM
it's a very good move no doubt...but the point that's being missed is you gave up a stud prospect and some decent prospects for a 1/2 year rental...you're not going to resign him or if you do its byebye braun and fielder and sheets down the road...this could end up sucking as much as the juan pierre trade for the cubs, even if CC is a stud, anything short of a WS amounts to a huge waste.

Smithy04
07-07-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm still just sooo pumped up about this trade that we got C.C. I changed my avatar to him on the Brewers in honor of Sabathia and the trade!!!!!!!!!!

IndiansFan337
07-07-2008, 02:00 PM

Lilly vs. Parra

No one can deny that.

That would be a terrific matchup for both sides.

But the odds of everything lining up that way are not likely, considering that they can NOT match up in the 1st round of the playoffs. And if you both advance to the NLCS it would be a fluke if all of those guys from both teams were in line to start in that order.

wissportsfan
07-07-2008, 02:01 PM
it's a very good move no doubt...but the point that's being missed is you gave up a stud prospect and some decent prospects for a 1/2 year rental...you're not going to resign him or if you do its byebye braun and fielder and sheets down the road...this could end up sucking as much as the juan pierre trade for the cubs, even if CC is a stud, anything short of a WS amounts to a huge waste.

I'm not really sure about that. Considering Milwaukee hasn't been to the playoffs since 1992, I believe, I'd be happy with going deep into the playoffs. I'm not really expecting WS or anything and wouldn't be terrible disappointed that we didn't make it. I think even if CC doesn't come out and pitch great for us now I'd still look at it in a positive way because at least Melvin is trying to make this team a contender. Like Melvin said today, he did this trade basically for the fans. Tuesday's game is going to be sold out because of CC. Right now Milwaukee deserves to be high contenders, I can't really say that for next year though.

KniCks4LiFe
07-07-2008, 02:13 PM
This is a damn good trade for Milwaukee you guys need to put your team on the map, coming from a Yankees fan I know we will go after him in the offseason so enjoy CC, but there is no reason the Brew crew is not a contender right now, a season series w/ CC and Sheets add Gallardo if that offense keeps killing the NL you guys are a competitor out there it also pumps up your players like Braun, Gwyn Jr., Fielder, Hart, Hall and Hardy knowing the owner is commited to compete.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-07-2008, 02:34 PM

Lilly vs. Parra

why wouldn't I agree with that?
I totally agree, but I think Sheets/Sabathia can take game 2, game one is basically who's offense is better, and game three, if parra is on his game, he is better than lilly.

Would be great to watch though.

IndiansFan337
07-07-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm not really sure about that. Considering Milwaukee hasn't been to the playoffs since 1992, I believe, I'd be happy with going deep into the playoffs. I'm not really expecting WS or anything and wouldn't be terrible disappointed that we didn't make it. I think even if CC doesn't come out and pitch great for us now I'd still look at it in a positive way because at least Melvin is trying to make this team a contender. Like Melvin said today, he did this trade basically for the fans. Tuesday's game is going to be sold out because of CC. Right now Milwaukee deserves to be high contenders, I can't really say that for next year though.
It's usually hard to win in the playoffs with little or no experience. So this team needs to get to the playoffs, let their younger players gain some experience & then hope to be competing in the World Series in a few years.

jwdaly07
07-07-2008, 04:22 PM
It's usually hard to win in the playoffs with little or no experience. So this team needs to get to the playoffs, let their younger players gain some experience & then hope to be competing in the World Series in a few years.

In an 8 team baseball playoff, anybody can win.

Brew Crew
07-07-2008, 04:22 PM
I got ticket to tomorrow's game and I cannot wait.

jwdaly07
07-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Forget tomorrow, I can't wait for tonight. Let's get the sole wildcard lead and be 11 games over.

Brew Crew
07-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Forget tomorrow, I can't wait for tonight. Let's get the sole wildcard lead and be 11 games over.

Dude I'm excited for 6:00 P.M. I will finally get to see CC Sabathia talk about the trade.

I don't know if it's been posted but when Melvin asked Sabathia if he wanted a day or two in Cleveland he said no and that he wanted a plane so he could get to Milwaukee right away.

CubsRule08
07-07-2008, 04:57 PM
why wouldn't I agree with that?
I totally agree, but I think Sheets/Sabathia can take game 2, game one is basically who's offense is better, and game three, if parra is on his game, he is better than lilly.

Would be great to watch though.

Yeah i know...it was a stupid question :D

It would be great baseball to watch...imagine if that was for the NLCS...it would be an eventful series :nod:

Martz
07-07-2008, 05:26 PM

It would be great baseball to watch...imagine if that was for the NLCS...it would be an eventful series :nod:

I'm salivating at the mere thought of that. Couldn't ask for much more.

OnWisconsin2007
07-07-2008, 05:26 PM
I'll be in row 6 of the LF bleachers tuesday...I've had these tickets for awhile, what good luck.

CubsRule08
07-07-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm salivating at the mere thought of that. Couldn't ask for much more.

I definitely agree...i would love to get tix for that :D

CubsRule08
07-07-2008, 05:28 PM
I'll be in row 6 of the LF bleachers tuesday...I've had these tickets for awhile, what gook luck.

You gonna bring a poster to say "Welcome C.C." or something like that?

jwdaly07
07-07-2008, 05:28 PM
what gook luck.

No need for racial slurs.

Brew Crew
07-07-2008, 05:41 PM

Hey can you go to every Cub game that the Brewers play them? I like that record in your sig.

OnWisconsin2007
07-07-2008, 05:55 PM
No need for racial slurs.

Whoops! Typo!

No need to go accusing people of that.

jwdaly07
07-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Whoops! Typo!

No need to go accusing people of that.

I was kidding.

OnWisconsin2007
07-07-2008, 05:57 PM
I was kidding.

Yeah I believe you lol

Anyways, I should make a sign...what should it say?

jwdaly07
07-07-2008, 06:06 PM
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...But I was kidding. "gook luck" wouldn't even make sense.

OnWisconsin2007
07-07-2008, 06:08 PM
No, I believe you, you were just joking, and I don't care, lol.

By the way, Sabathia officially dropped the periods from his name. He's no longer C.C., he's CC

EdTheRevelator
07-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Seeing pictures of Sabathia in a Brewers hat just seems wrong.:( You guys are gonna love CC. Enjoy him for the half season you'll have him. Go Brew Crew!

OnWisconsin2007
07-07-2008, 07:06 PM
CC's first interview with the Brewers = pretty cool. He sounds fairly happy and seems devoted to winning...awesome. Sounds like a really cool guy.

OnWisconsin2007
07-07-2008, 07:10 PM
CC - "When we make the playoffs..." :)

Brew Crew
07-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Dude I love looking at CC in the Brewer uni. It gives me chills.

OnWisconsin2007
07-07-2008, 07:15 PM
CC's gonna hit 2 HR's tomorrow. I can feel it. He's going to look so badass tonight in the dugout.

EdTheRevelator
07-07-2008, 07:16 PM
CC's first interview with the Brewers = pretty cool. He sounds fairly happy and seems devoted to winning...awesome. Sounds like a really cool guy.

For all the talk about how he wants the huge contract, CC really wants to win just as badly - he psyched himself out last year during the playoffs. That's one of his main problems - he gets over-emotional, loses his cool, and melts down. He's cut back on that a LOT in the past couple years. He wants a ring, badly. You're seriously going to love having him on your team.

OnWisconsin2007
07-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Yeah, for the sake of Milwaukee and Cleveland, I want to see Milwaukee Brewer/CC Sabathia success.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2008, 08:29 PM
CC's gonna hit 2 HR's tomorrow. I can feel it. He's going to look so badass tonight in the dugout.
What happens if he doesn't hit?

I mean, he had 1 HR in LA but he's never had more than 9 AB's in a season with 12 K's and 1 BB and just 40 total AB's

He has 2 HR's which is nice (2 HR's overall in his career), but he's barely above average for a pitcher overall

OnWisconsin2007
07-07-2008, 08:41 PM
He's a lifetime .300 hitter. That's better than most pitchers.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2008, 08:47 PM
He's a lifetime .300 hitter. That's better than most pitchers.
In 40 AB's

Literally he's just hitting 2 games/year

I don't think he'll be an awful hitter, but you're overrating him-he'll likely be a little less than Carlos Zambrano-which still isn't enough to make a substantial difference

OnWisconsin2007
07-07-2008, 08:49 PM
I think he'll be better than Zambrano. With some BP, this guy is going to go nuts. Just my opinion.

redwhitenblue
07-07-2008, 09:52 PM
I think he'll be better than Zambrano. With some BP, this guy is going to go nuts. Just my opinion.
Well at least your opinion has solid backing to it....:rolleyes:

CubsRule08
07-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Hey can you go to every Cub game that the Brewers play them? I like that record in your sig.

lol funny...i hope that matchup of that game is Zambrano vs. Sabathia :drool:

redwhitenblue
07-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Is Parra the one out of the rotation now?

He just came in to relieve against COL

OnWisconsin2007
07-07-2008, 10:41 PM

No.

He was bumped from his spot in the rotation, so they just brought him in to keep him sharp.

wwfd1220
07-07-2008, 11:23 PM
No.

He was bumped from his spot in the rotation, so they just brought him in to keep him sharp.

and the fact that suppan is now on the 15 day, i believe solidifies parra in the rotation.

IndiansFan337
07-08-2008, 02:25 PM

They wanted to keep CC on schedule. The others will rotate a bit. Everyone should be fine once the All-Star break hits next week...And then they can set up the rotation the way that they want it for the rest of the season.

redwhitenblue
07-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Cubs just acquired Harden and Gaudin from OAK for Murton, Gallagher, EPatt and Donaldson

mattz1212
07-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Cubs just acquired Harden and Gaudin from OAK for Murton, Gallagher, EPatt and Donaldson

Billy Beane is obviously not a Brewers fan :pity:

redwhitenblue
07-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Billy Beane is obviously not a Brewers fan :pity:
You can see my responses to it so far, but I'm not terribly impressed yet-Harden's velocity has been down and his control was lost last start, I have to see him pitch better before I get excited

IndiansFan337
07-08-2008, 11:04 PM
I am glad that CC got the W tonight. Congrats....

Hawkize31
07-09-2008, 12:39 AM
He should give us Street in the offseason for Dave Bush and Billy Hall.

I'd be happy, and Beane might be too. Closers are terribly overrated. Moneyball talks about how Beane made average pitchers closers and sold them for crazy returns.

CubsRule08
07-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Wow...i am totally shocked to find out that we got Harden (just found out because i was at work)...i really didnt think we had enough to get him, but either way its very exciting...now this will be very exciting to watch...this might very well be a great finish to the season for both of our teams...good luck to you guys

PackCrewBuckBad
07-09-2008, 06:02 AM
I think with these trades, St. Louis is going to drop out of it fast. Here I thought we had a leg up on the Cubs, only to find out we don't a few hours later.
I guess I just have to hope Harden goes on the DL for the 7th time in 3 years :)

Smithy04
07-09-2008, 01:33 PM
This is going to be one heck of a race between the Brew Crew and Cubbies. St. Louis just lost a ton of ground to the ACE CC and solid pitcher Harden.

kyubi256
07-09-2008, 01:41 PM
so how did you view his first start?

Brew Crew
07-09-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm sure he had the jitters. The ump also sucked throughout the entire game.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-09-2008, 02:15 PM
I thoguht it was great. I wasn't expecting a shut out or anything. I knew he would be nervous and want to pitch great, so I figured he would throw wild at times. Hence the 5 walks. But overall, I thought he composed himself good, expecially with men on base and he looked good. He had 2 innings where he threw a lot of pitches, 1 was the 6th when he threw 31, but in the 5th he only threw 9.

TheLogical
07-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Very nice move by the Brew Crew, will now contend even more for the Division Title with the Cubs.

:smoking:

Smithy04
07-11-2008, 07:11 PM
CC's start was a game where he got the job done. He only gave up two ERs, but he even admitted that he was nervous and the crowd was so unbelievable that maybe he was over-pitching at times (five walks). His strikeouts that he had made the batters look silly. He will be a great ace for us this year and I know he will do very well.

Noles3490
07-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Congratulations Brewers Fans! You now have the heaviest team in the majors.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-26-2008, 02:10 PM
prove it