PDA

View Full Version : Blazer Bandwagon Signups for X-sonic fans

chad311k9
07-06-2008, 02:08 AM
sign in here! former sonic fans to show your allegiance to the Blazers. the only question now, is should these new fans be hazed? and what about a pledge?

blackjack_119
07-06-2008, 02:33 AM
There should be no hazing whatsoever. Their conversion is permissible under Bill Simmons': Rules of being a fan:

19) "Once you choose a team, you're stuck with that team for the rest of your life ... unless one of the following conditions applies:

Your team moves to another city.

You grew up in a city that didn't field a team for a specific sport - so you picked a random team - and then either a.) your city landed a team, or b.) you moved to a city that fielded a team for that specific sport.

One of your immediate family members either plays professionally or takes a relevant management/coaching/front office position with a pro team.

You follow your favorite college star (and this has to be a once-in-a-generation favorite college star) to the pros and root for his team du jour. Only works if there isn't a pro team in your area.

The owner of your favorite team treated his fans so egregiously over the years that you couldn't take it anymore -- you would rather not follow them at all then support a franchise with this owner in charge."

Baller1
07-06-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm in. There's only one team down I-5 now. It's going to take me awhile to even follow remotely as much as I did the Sonics, but I will try.

**** Bennett.

Boozerguy47
07-06-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm in. There's only one team down I-5 now. It's going to take me awhile to even follow remotely as much as I did the Sonics, but I will try.

**** Bennett.

Basically same for me.

A.Mopp
07-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah no hazing, not cool.

Welcome all Sonics fans, it sucks your team is gone. OKC will be a flop, everyone knows it. (except stern and bennet)

chad311k9
07-06-2008, 07:47 PM
i was only kidding about the hazing and pledging, lol!:laugh:

A.Mopp
07-06-2008, 09:35 PM
lol. its funny

Raetz52
07-06-2008, 11:55 PM
This should make the forum even more active!

Rhyming Rebel
07-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah no hazing, not cool.

Welcome all Sonics fans, it sucks your team is gone. OKC will be a flop, everyone knows it. (except stern and bennet)

OKC will be great home for the sonics we didnt need anymore dominant teams in the SW division we need the sonics to balance it out. they suck and seattle should be happy they are gone. Hope for a new team in a couple of years. I know Know how u feel they took the Oilers from Houston and turned them into the titans of Tenn.

chad311k9
07-08-2008, 04:36 AM
OKC will be great home for the sonics we didnt need anymore dominant teams in the SW division we need the sonics to balance it out. they suck and seattle should be happy they are gone. Hope for a new team in a couple of years. I know Know how u feel they took the Oilers from Houston and turned them into the titans of Tenn.

dude we Sonics fans had it rough. we had a great team for a decade during the Kemp/Payton era. Then a decent team to root for during the Lewis/Allen era. Then we had our crappy team for 2-3 years and now things were just starting to look up.(durant/green/westbrook era) and then the team is ripped away! i would have preferred to lose the team 3 years ago, cause the sting wouldn't be so bad, as it is now. i could care less about losing the team name and colors, it's a shame we lost the young talent we haven't seen in seattle since we drafted payton and kemp.

Raetz52
07-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Well you couls come to the Blazers side and you'd have even better young talent. :)

Baller1
07-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Well you couls come to the Blazers side and you'd have even better young talent. :)

Very true, very true. haha

jetsfan28
07-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Now I wish I was a Sonic fan, just so I can be a Blazer fan, because being a Knick fan just sucks

jnb58
07-09-2008, 05:20 AM
Now I wish I was a Sonic fan, just so I can be a Blazer fan, because being a Knick fan just sucks

I have a ton of respect for any fan of a crappy team. You will be back and if not at least you have 6 other local pro franchises to love. I loved the Blazers when they were terrible and when they were the Trailgangstas.

It is worth it to not be a fair-weather fan.

chad311k9
07-09-2008, 05:29 AM
yah blazer fans, your young talent core is like double what the sonics have. let me ask you this question.....

lets say your team was relocating. would the sting hurt less 3-5 years ago during your slump before all the potential came to your team.(aldrige, roy, oden, bayless) or now when things are looking really good for you?

Blazin_101
07-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Now I wish I was a Sonic fan, just so I can be a Blazer fan, because being a Knick fan just sucks We will accept Knick fans too. Just dont bring that bone head Isaiah with you :)

Raetz52
07-09-2008, 02:32 PM
We will accept any fans! the mor ethe better. Except Lakers fans. ;)

Dawson8
07-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Sorry about your team sonic fans! You can use the blazers for a couple of years while you are awaiting your new team!

chad311k9
07-10-2008, 01:39 AM
We will accept any fans! the mor ethe better. Except Lakers fans. ;)

laker fans make me :puke:

jnb58
07-10-2008, 02:09 AM
yah blazer fans, your young talent core is like double what the sonics have. let me ask you this question.....

lets say your team was relocating. would the sting hurt less 3-5 years ago during your slump before all the potential came to your team.(aldrige, roy, oden, bayless) or now when things are looking really good for you?

It would have hurt me a ton but I can't say for sure if it would be as bad as if they left as they are now. I think the pain might be worse for fans of bad teams because there are fewer people be supportive.

I hate to say it but there are people that wanted the Sonics to leave all along. They are ones that hate the NBA and it's players and want hockey or just don't care about sports period.

Baller1
07-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Damn, I wish we still had Wally Walker as the GM for the '07 draft. Because he probably would have traded the #2 overall pick (to Portland for basically nothing), then I would still be getting to root for KD and Oden. haha

Blazin_101
07-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Damn, I wish we still had Wally Walker as the GM for the '07 draft. Because he probably would have traded the #2 overall pick (to Portland for basically nothing), then I would still be getting to root for KD and Oden. haha

LMAO!!!

Raetz52
07-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Clay Bennet is a ****ing *******!!!!!

Yendil
07-30-2008, 07:26 PM
I'll be joining the wagon as well (until we get a new team). Our Mayor sold us out for money :( . Also lets not forget the Sonics could very well still be on their way back because the Lawsuit between Bennett and Schultz has yet to take place (breach of contract) where the team would go back to Schultz to sell to the investers from Seattle. Which I would laugh so hard about becuase then that dumb *** Bennett would have lost ALOT of money and Stern would look like a dumb **** he is. But yea I'll be a blazers fan because well i have no team now and since the Blazers are the closest gotta root for them, But if you guys play the Oklahoma people, I'm so gonna buy tickets to it just please don't beat up the man in the Sonics Jersey because that may be me :(... Anyways GO BLAZERS :p

A.Mopp
07-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the team!

Raetz52
07-31-2008, 04:27 AM
Welcome. Change the avy. ;)