PDA

View Full Version : Sabathia has made last start with Indians?

sieracki24
07-05-2008, 12:41 AM
ESPN reports that pitcher C.C. Sabathia may have made his last start with the Cleveland Indians and the Milwaukee Brewers are still considered to be his most likely destination. Although multiple teams have inquired about Sabathia, the Brewers are still considered strong front-runners with AA LF Matt LaPorta being the main attraction for the Indians.

Source: ESPN.com

Smithy04
07-05-2008, 11:00 PM
I really would love to have my guy C.C. be in our rotation. Letting LaPorta go is tough, but if we can be sure that C.C. will stay long term and sign a deal, that's great.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-05-2008, 11:07 PM
I hope Melvin will have a long term deal for him if we do trade for him. Don't let this be like Linebrink.

IndiansFan337
07-06-2008, 02:34 PM
I hope Melvin will have a long term deal for him if we do trade for him. Don't let this be like Linebrink.

I would assume that any team acquiring Sabathia would do that....But then again, can this team realistically afford to re sign both Sabathia AND Sheets for market value?

Brew Crew
07-06-2008, 02:45 PM
I would assume that any team acquiring Sabathia would do that....But then again, can this team realistically afford to re sign both Sabathia AND Sheets for market value?

Nope. We'll be lucky to sign one of them. But I guess this is the sort of thing you need to do to improve your team for the 2nd half run.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-06-2008, 04:31 PM
yes

Nope. We'll be lucky to sign one of them. But I guess this is the sort of thing you need to do to improve your team for the 2nd half run.

how so?
We have 20 mil coming off from Gagne and Cameron, add around 10 mil for an increase in payroll, that is 30 mil roughly to spend, not counting anyone else off the books.

Sheets makes like 14 mil right? So say he wants 17 mil, that increases our payroll by 3 mil only, so we have 27 mil left.

Say CC wants 18 mil, fair imo, especialyl if we go deep in the playoffs, don't you think CC and Sheets would want to stay then. So after the 18 mil, we have 9 mil left for maybe a RP, OF, etc.

Pretty realistic if you ask me.

Brew Crew
07-06-2008, 04:34 PM
yes

how so?
We have 20 mil coming off from Gagne and Cameron, add around 10 mil for an increase in payroll, that is 30 mil roughly to spend, not counting anyone else off the books.

Sheets makes like 14 mil right? So say he wants 17 mil, that increases our payroll by 3 mil only, so we have 27 mil left.

Say CC wants 18 mil, fair imo, especialyl if we go deep in the playoffs, don't you think CC and Sheets would want to stay then. So after the 18 mil, we have 9 mil left for maybe a RP, OF, etc.

Pretty realistic if you ask me.

We have Hart to sign to a multi-year deal, we have Hardy and we have Fielder in arbitration. We're going to pick up Kendal's option. I think us signing one is realistic. Sabathia is looking for Zito money anyways, and I don't believe Melvin is going to go that far.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-06-2008, 04:41 PM
We have Hart to sign to a multi-year deal, we have Hardy and we have Fielder in arbitration. We're going to pick up Kendal's option. I think us signing one is realistic. Sabathia is looking for Zito money anyways, and I don't believe Melvin is going to go that far.

ok, but in mine i had 9 mil to spare. Maybe we will increase the payroll more. Maybe someone else with a somewhat sized contract will be gone. Maybe we will have Rivera catch, and we don't need to sign Kendall then. I also think 1 or some guys could take a hometown discount.

I still don't see how we would be lucky to sign one, like you said with all the $ we have. I think we should easily get 1, if we want to commit to either.

Jpripper88
07-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Sources are reporting Sabathia to the Brewers is completed.

Link (http://castrovince.mlblogs.com/archives/2008/07/cc_to_the_brew_crew_done_deal.html)

PackCrewBuckBad
07-06-2008, 04:44 PM
wow, but I'll believe it when I see it (confirmed).

sieracki24
07-06-2008, 05:59 PM
620 AM radio is reporting that the Sabathia to Brewers deal is all but done. The Indians have a press conference set for tomorrow and are expected to announce the deal.

BaRRySandAmaN
07-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Well when we get a confirmation then we will be happy in the city of Milwaukee for sure. I think we can sign one of the pitcher(CC or Sheets) both of them are going to be a little tougher then you think. We have to lock Corey Hart long term and there is no Ifs ands or buts about that.