PDA

View Full Version : we WILL be competitive in the West!!!!

carruthers32
07-04-2008, 07:31 PM
If you look at last year, our top 3 players missed significant time. Smyth with his broken foot, Sakic with his hernia, and Stastny with his appendix. They missed like 2 months each and we still made playoffs, shows how well our depth is! I'll assume Sakic retires, our roster still looks pretty lethal! We just need to add another C.

Line 1: Paul Stastny (C), Ryan Smyth (LW), Milan Hejduk (RW)
Line 2: Tyler Arnason (C), Wojtek Wolski (LW), Marek Svatos (RW)
Line 3: TJ Hensick (C), Jaroslav Hlinka (LW), Darcy Tucker (RW)
Line 4: Cody McLeod (C), David Jones (LW), Ian Laperriere (RW)
Reserves: Ben Guite, Cody McCormick, Chris Stewart (i think he will get a shot this year)

Defense 1: Scott Hannan, John Michael Liles
Defense 2: Adam Foote, Daniel Tjarnqvist
Defense 3: Ruslan Salei, Brett Clark
Defense 4: Jordan Leopold, Kevin Shattenkirk?

Our Defense is going to be our biggest strength this year!

T.O.Bombinators
07-04-2008, 07:48 PM
hllinka signed in europe, wolski will be moved to center, and tjarnqvust is the 7th D with leopold being in the top 6.and guite will still have his spot in the chekcing line.shattenkirk will still bein MCAA . its cumiskey who would be here in case of injuries and u dont have 4 D lines u have 3...do read anything that dater writes?

T.O.Bombinators
07-04-2008, 07:50 PM
also lok at all the other teams that got better..hossa campbell boyle avery hueslieus huet all of them made their teams better along with edmontonss trade//its ognna be tough for us next year if joe is gone...if he doesnt come back im hopin for tavares

carruthers32
07-04-2008, 08:00 PM
hllinka signed in europe, wolski will be moved to center, and tjarnqvust is the 7th D with leopold being in the top 6.and guite will still have his spot in the chekcing line.shattenkirk will still bein MCAA . its cumiskey who would be here in case of injuries and u dont have 4 D lines u have 3...do read anything that dater writes?

tjarnqvist is better than leopold. and i know you dont have 4 d lines, but there are usually always 7 dressed. and if i dont know who the hell dater is, than im pretty sure i havent read any of his ****. and shattenkirk plays in the NCAA.

carruthers32
07-04-2008, 08:01 PM
i would swap tjarnqvist for clark on those lines

T.O.Bombinators
07-04-2008, 08:19 PM
the m and n are by each other i pressed te wrong one..and dater is the avs reporter..and theres a reason why trjarnqvist had to play in russia last year

carruthers32
07-04-2008, 08:21 PM
the m and n are by each other i pressed te wrong one..and dater is the avs reporter..and theres a reason why trjarnqvist had to play in russia last year

yeah their is a reason, he was hurt for the majority of the year.

cubsfan9124
07-05-2008, 02:10 AM
Any team that has Arnason as a projected second liner is in trouble.

TommytheCat
07-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Bring back Skrastins!!!

T.O.Bombinators
07-06-2008, 03:40 PM
no hes old and slow and wasnt physical enough to make up for his lack of offensive skills

ksneil2000
07-06-2008, 08:28 PM
yeah their is a reason, he was hurt for the majority of the year.

that doesnt make any sense..he played in russia because he was hurt?

and tjarnqvist sucks..has he ever been higher than a 5th defenceman?..and russia doesnt count
that signing was pointless..nothing more than just a body for the roster

carruthers32
07-07-2008, 01:49 PM
that doesnt make any sense..he played in russia because he was hurt?

and tjarnqvist sucks..has he ever been higher than a 5th defenceman?..and russia doesnt count
that signing was pointless..nothing more than just a body for the roster

he was a FA and was hurt bad, know one gave him a contract because of that, and when he got healthy near the end of the season he signed with Russia.

tnigro77
07-07-2008, 09:38 PM
i think will be fine if we would of had everyone healthy svatos, clark, etc. i think we could of beat detroit. i think the wild got worse losing rolston and possibly detmitra, canuks lost naslund and didn't really do anything else so there worse, all calgary did was get bertuzzi, and were better then edmonton so we should be fine. Hopefully hacket can fix raycroft if not budaj isn't bad and i think sackic and forsberg will be back. if not, we could still get someone like demetria or brenden morrison who are old put still pretty good.

Game_Over
07-08-2008, 12:49 AM
i think will be fine if we would of had everyone healthy svatos, clark, etc. i think we could of beat detroit. i think the wild got worse losing rolston and possibly detmitra, canuks lost naslund and didn't really do anything else so there worse, all calgary did was get bertuzzi, and were better then edmonton so we should be fine. Hopefully hacket can fix raycroft if not budaj isn't bad and i think sackic and forsberg will be back. if not, we could still get someone like demetria or brenden morrison who are old put still pretty good.

:speechless:lol seriously did you watch any of the games against the Red Wings?? We had no chance against them, they were way faster and had way better puck control.. Ohh yeah and Detroit got better this year and we didn't!! We need to almost start over get some young fast good possesion puck players..

ksneil2000
07-08-2008, 01:37 PM
he was a FA and was hurt bad, know one gave him a contract because of that, and when he got healthy near the end of the season he signed with Russia.

yeah..he'll be a solid 7th or 8th defenceman for us