PDA

View Full Version : ESPNEWS Rumor Report

Brew Crew
07-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Just watching ESPNEWS with a call from Tom Haudricourt and he reports the Brewers will undoubtedly go after a pitcher. Other then C.C. Sabathia, they brought up Gred Maddux because of his ties with Mike and Ned. Very interesting and I hope something is brewing up.

wwfd1220
07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
could mean that gwynns days in milwaukee are numbered. i would assume he would be included in any deal with the padres

PackCrewBuckBad
07-01-2008, 08:03 PM
maddux is old, and he wouldn't be that much of an improvement...but if it is for just gwynn, might as well do it.

wwfd1220
07-01-2008, 08:04 PM
maddux is old, and he wouldn't be that much of an improvement...but if it is for just gwynn, might as well do it.
i agree, i would even add hall if they wanted him LOL !!!

redwhitenblue
07-01-2008, 09:33 PM
That would be a poor use of potential trade pieces

Maddux probably wouldn't be an improvement for the Brewers

EC Raider
07-01-2008, 10:38 PM
i agree, i would even add hall if they wanted him LOL !!!

LOL:clap:

PackCrewBuckBad
07-01-2008, 10:54 PM
That would be a poor use of potential trade pieces

Maddux probably wouldn't be an improvement for the Brewers

:nod: over dave bush

Trade gwynn while he is worth something still

And hall is worth pretty much nothing now. After batting .215 and asking for a trade, his value is so low!

BaRRySandAmaN
07-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Maddux would be another Suppan, I dont know if I like that, dont get me wrong Maddux is a great Pitcher but they need a #2 sooner then later

WI Sports Fan
07-01-2008, 11:52 PM
I would love to see Maddux in a Brewer uniform. He would probably be dirt cheap to get as well, with San Diego well out of the playoff race and Maddux calling this his final season. While his numbers have been pretty dependant on the roomy PETCO the past couple years, he has always turned it up in the second half, and would provide some much needed experience to this club.

I would still prefer going after Burnett or Harden, but Maddux is certainly better than nothing.

MikeG33
07-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Maddux wouldn't be a bad veteran to have on our squad. And like WI Sports Fan said, he does typically have decent second halves of the year.

Smithy04
07-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Maddux wouldn't be terrible to play for if we knew we were a game or two back from the playoffs or in the postseason. His experience would be helpful, but I'd much rather have C.C., but not for Gallardo and LaPorta.