PDA

View Full Version : Trade Oden for Yao?

Rox07
06-25-2008, 01:48 AM
Someone posted the same thing in the rockets forum so I wanted to know what your opinion is. Would you trade Oden for Yao straight up if you could?

Tblaze
06-25-2008, 06:59 AM
No, Oden might not be as good yet, but they're both injury bugged. And Oden is what? 20 years old? Of course he's the bigger risk, but he's a risk worth taking.

I sure wouldn't.

futureman
06-25-2008, 10:37 AM
If I was a blazer fan I would find these proposed trades laughable. If the jazz get a number 1 pick from the knicks when we own their pick in 2010 I can't wait for all the whinny lakerfans and bullsfans coming into the jazz forum and offering peanuts for our pick. If I were you guys I wouldn't trade oden for anybody short of dwight howard.

Dawson8
06-25-2008, 03:39 PM
I would never make that trade! The Jazz fan is totally correct. Where do these people come up with this stuff?

Rox07
06-25-2008, 03:59 PM
I would never make that trade! The Jazz fan is totally correct. Where do these people come up with this stuff?

Don't worry the Rockets would never make that trade. The world's best center for a player who has yet to meet up to his hype, I'm sure they would keep the best center.

Dawson8
06-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Yeah your right.........keep your worlds best center. Ummmm you think yao is better than Duncan? When did you guys last go to the finals? Regardless, I would rather have a guy with a lot of hype, than have a player that no other team seems to worry about. For example, when teams had to match up with Shaq in his prime...............that was a problem. Hence hack a shaq. When teams match up with Houston we worry about Tracey. Not Yao. He just isn't a game changing factor.......So I am glad that you want your world's best center?

blackjack_119
06-25-2008, 08:51 PM
You beat me to it Dawson... Houston actually plays better without Yao in the lineup. Remember when everyone though it was cool to dunk on Yao then the league realize it wasn't that hard. It's tough to dunk on a hard nosed player that is 7'6"... but dunking on a soft 7'6" center who shies away from contact... just makes for good posters.

A.Mopp
06-26-2008, 01:20 AM
no

ragee
06-29-2008, 01:16 PM
If I was a blazer fan I would find these proposed trades laughable. If the jazz get a number 1 pick from the knicks when we own their pick in 2010 I can't wait for all the whinny lakerfans and bullsfans coming into the jazz forum and offering peanuts for our pick. If I were you guys I wouldn't trade oden for anybody short of dwight howard.

Amen to that... And if by any chance, that draft thing did not work out and the jazz starts to fall apart, pls tell D-Will that we have a spot waiting for him in our team... LOl... Peace

SLOUGHCAT24
06-29-2008, 03:33 PM
give oden a chance to get his feet wet before you think he is overhyped. he will prob be a 15 10 guy this year and eventually a 20 15 guy. hey we won with duckworth at center i think oden will be better than him

Cowboy Up
06-30-2008, 08:17 PM
20/15 is absurd for Oden on this team. In another thread I saw someone saying that Aldridge will be a 25/13 guy someday. Playing together, there simply won't be enough rebounds to go around. They'll both be monsters but because of playing next to each other their stats won't show how truly dominant this tandem is going to be.

And no I would not trade Oden for Yao, and the poll clearly reflects that, 17-1 at this point.

nbafan244
07-01-2008, 01:40 AM
screw yao, oden is our guy and it would be dumb to give up on him now before he has had a chnace to even play, maybe he will be the next shaq and maybe the next kwame brown, but atleast give him a chance, and who ever came up with this thred is an idiot, u really think we would trade oden for anybody?

A.Mopp
07-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Hold on there. We have not sucked for a long time, we were just in the conference finals 5 years ago. Yes we have gone through a rebuilding, but it has gone extremely fast. We are back now, and about to become a dynasty.

Afridi786
07-01-2008, 11:10 PM
hmmm....I'd take the proven star center instead of a rookie who just missed an entire season due to injury. But ur rebuilding, younger is better i guess.

Gilbert>TheRest
07-02-2008, 09:13 AM
if i were the blazers theres no way i would do this

Blazin_101
07-02-2008, 10:26 AM
I am sure the rockets would love that deal. From what I hear Yoa is pretty much washed up now and I have heard rumors he may not ever be back to normal.

Hustla23
07-07-2008, 09:36 PM
^^ Actually no, Yao's actually improving year to year and he can be a GREAT center in 2-3 years. Oden just has the upside and potential to be something Yao can't even dream of becoming.

Tblaze
07-08-2008, 07:03 AM
^^ Actually no, Yao's actually improving year to year and he can be a GREAT center in 2-3 years. Oden just has the upside and potential to be something Yao can't even dream of becoming.

won't he be like 31 then?, I'm pretty sure he's pretty much at his peak right now... big men don't last.

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 10:00 AM
For the Blazers no because they have a ton of young guys and are not in a rush to win it all as they have plenty of time.

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 10:02 AM
For the Blazers no because they have a ton of young guys and are not in a rush to win it all as they have plenty of time.

Yeah, try a good decade!

No need to rush there, Blazer fans.

Afridi786
07-08-2008, 11:59 AM
So oden is already better than yao...okay.

Hustla23
07-08-2008, 12:36 PM
won't he be like 31 then?, I'm pretty sure he's pretty much at his peak right now... big men don't last.

To me it seems like he's still in the learning process. Just based on the way he plays it seems like he gets better every year. Age can definitely factor in though.

Dawson8
07-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I am sorry, but Yao is just not a "star" or "the best center" in the NBA. Can you really name any teams that worry about Yao when they face them? The only one person that is a real threat on that team is T-Mac. Yes, Yao is a good to have on the team. However, he just isn't a game changer. Greg Oden might now pan out to be what the Portland fans hope and the rest of the NBA says he is? I just know that I would rather have Oden and that big frame in the middle for the blazers. Especially with players like Roy, Alderidge, and now..........Bayliss. The blazers are going have a hell of a run and I wouldn't want to see a yao in the middle. I would rather be wrong then to take that gamble and trade Oden for Yao. So to answer your question AFRIDI786 It isn't a question of who is better right now. It is a question of who is going to be better in a couple of years and who is going to be better with this Blazers team. It ain't Yao.